Summer 2022 Tour Dates

That’s because MI usually gets skipped by some of the larger acts. And look at GR, for metropolitan area with 1MM+ people and a variety of venues, look how often it gets skipped?

1 Like

Can someone take an honest shot at trying to explain what makes Goose so popular? I don’t know them well enough to even guess

Love watching so many bands go from Pittsburgh > Cleveland > Chicago

2 Likes

Every time I’ve asked somebody I get the standard, expected answers like “the feel man, they just go for it and listen to the smooth”

2 Likes

Colobrahdo bias, but last summer sts9 sold the fuck out of two rr shows in a row.

They were much more full than any of the UM shows.

They’re catchy. They have decent tunes and they jam a fair amount. They’re not bad. I’ll check them out some time. Not sure if I would become a die hard Goose fan though but they’re at least solid

For sure. But they were also literally the only shows they’ve played in 2 years.

However, they did play a festy set in AZ this year

Because they are very accessible for trendy people more interested in playing dressup and doin the scene thing

2 Likes

Goose = pop jam. Seems to be a breakthrough genre in the scene. I always considered UM the closest thing to it before them. Im guessing Pop sells harder than anything else. Then add in 4-5 song sets for the improv heads.

1 Like

Do you guys think UM’s popularity is declining?

8 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

As much as I have enjoyed seeing UM in tiny ass venues I’d no question prefer they succeed and blow up and could see success like Goose has. They’re my favorite band and especially now that I’m somewhat satisfied with only seeing them a few times a year it would be great to see them play the venues they want to play with big crowds.

Bring on DUMB tour. I think I agree with the sentiment it would be great for both bands.

5 Likes

Goose is playing 4-5 song sets?

1 Like

Oh man. If you haven’t read it yet. Read this ENTIRE thread.

1 Like

Yeah. Fairly often.

1 Like

they’re hot tea in the kitchen, honey on your spoon.

1 Like

Dont do it @Pookells

4 Likes

Too late

6 Likes

See you on the other side

3 Likes

Damn. Good for them.