Summer 2022 Tour Dates

5 Likes

I think COVID may play into a little bit, but that’s not the main driver. We all know this. All I know is that the people at the Anthem on Friday were not concerned! Masks were required and I’d say 90% of the people, especially the floor, were mask less the whole show.

WSP sold out their three shows here last weekend, though I saw they were doing last minute ticket releases somehow. On Friday it was fairly packed at first but a lot of space opened up for the second set. I could also count on one hand the number of masks I saw. UM in Raleigh wasn’t much better in that regard despite it being technically required.

I think it’s definitely playing a role for the 50+ crowd but Billy and Goose are 75% of the attendance issues I would say

1 Like

DUMB would be great. I’m not convinced that this is going to be the success that some people think it will be, though. They’re not going to sell out 5000 capacity venues. I’m not sure how much business sense this makes. But I’m here for it and will attempt to hit a show or two if it happens.

3 Likes

This is where I’m at. Not convinced that it’s the case nor that it would boost sales that much. The overlap is pretty big

75% is an over reach. UM has always had plenty of other drug bands to compete with. Even when phish came off hiatus in 2009 they still had continuous growth.

This is a good point. Anecdotally the only people I know that would be attending one of their shows would also be the only people I know attending the other bands shows

I dunno, Electric Forest told me these communities don’t mix

3 Likes

FWIW, at least SCI has had some solid shows from Electric Forest

Exactly. Also - not having two full sets will deter some fans from GITV.

A co-headline at this point of their career is strange. But it’s likely only going to be like 3-6 shows.

1 Like

Very well could be, and well aware that this is anecdotal, but lots of people I know in the 23-26 sector are opting for these acts. Asked some jam buddies about hitting Asheville this weekend and pretty much all responses were “still beat from Billy in Knox” or “saving up for Goose Brooklyn Bowl”

Just from what I’ve seen tho, probably doesn’t mean much but it’s surprised me lately

They should do alternating sets. 4 total each night and no set breaks.

11 Likes

I like your way of thinking, hodor

This speculation is based off of Joel saying they’re planning “something else people have been asking for for a very long time” right?

1 Like

Yes. We all have decided it is DUMB ter

3 Likes

That combined with the blackboard talking about the biscuits doing a co-headline thing this summer and Joel liked a few posts from people that were talking about how awesome DUMB would be.

Far from kang’d.

4 Likes

Have people been asking for this outside of the Bort?

My guess would be a new venue, return of S2, or some kind of shtick event

2 Likes

Joel likes a lot of engagement on Twitter. That’s not a sign of anything

1 Like

I hope its zonkey pt 2

2 Likes