Summer 2022 Tour Dates

I assume they want people inside spending money on alcohol

1 Like

Yikes. Like @Andrusy said, there’s phish but they are their own entity as are other well established bands. It’s the UMs, the Biscos, and other independent bands who are catching the brunt of this

1 Like

The fact that they only played one night at the FIllmore says alot too. Show was sold out in 2019. First time Kzoo Turkey run was not sold out.

Spafford would sell out the Pyramid Scheme in GR on a Thurs night (500 tix). Last October there was 100 people tops on a Saturday night.

1 Like

Incredibly specific anecdotal, but DUMB 2.0 makes sense to me for a summer tour in the sense of Ascend Amphitheater (cap 6800) here in Nashville.

Phish can sell it out pretty easily, but would imagine it would be a stretch for UM to play there with their current tour #s (was not at the 16 and 17 show there tho). When STS9 played they had to have a myriad of opening DJs and some other bands.

So if both bands want to play multi-thousand gap amphitheaters without looking like a total bust, this could be good for sales and generate steam via word of mouth

For sure. DUMB tour is also a way for both band members/crew to enjoy themselves playing amazing summer venues

3 Likes

100%. that’s where the solid margins are. Even better if people were to buy soft drinks.

damn, that’s pretty wild.

1 Like

Greensky definitely had more people than um, but I attribute that to the stringdusters opening and it only being a one night stand. They still had the curtain blocking off 75% of the balcony tho

Have any shows sold out this year? Jwelsh used to regularly post low ticket warnings which I haven’t seen at all lately. New Haven was definitely less packed than usual but I thought Boston was pretty full.

I was also told Lotus was pretty empty at the same venue UM played in New Haven. I think people are finally realizing that jam bands suck.

1 Like

Throwing alot of Michigan examples here, so I’d also keep in mind that it seems Michigan is one of the most states whos drug band attendance has taken a worse hit than most.

I want to say this, but then Goose does what they are doing. The kids were waiting for a band like them to come while they stuck around at UM shows in the meantime.

1 Like

A DUMB tour just may be the kick in the ass both bands need

2 Likes

and Billy Strings, which I think basically hits the same audience

4 Likes

I feel like the only sold out show this year has been the 4/20 fest after party. It’s in a smaller venue when the city will be packed with jam fans.

Aspen still sold out

2 Likes

Umphreys is like Gov’t Mule to these Gen z kids. They don’t give af about those old dudes playing guitar on stage.

2 Likes

Is anyone in the jam scene besides Phish, Goose and BS pulling huge crowds these days?

1 Like

ftfy

Panic still brings in the crowd they did pre-pandy. But that’s not surprising that panic fans aren’t deterred by the rona

5 Likes

I imagine panic is still selling venues out often.

1 Like

Panic Im sure is doing decent but If I had to guess, still is taking a hit?

At least our bands are pushing through unlike STS9.

1 Like