Lotus

Only got to see them once at Bells like 10 years ago, had some friends that were obsessed with them but never got much of a chance to really get into them.

1 Like

I think I have a link to all of their SBDs somewhere. Definitely one of my favorite jamtronica bands

Send me some :fire: recs

2/19/12 is fire but I know @3x40oz and @mal probably have a ome other BP recs. I’ll PM you the mega link

2 Likes

Just looked 2/16/12 is my only show

1 Like

first post

3 Likes

This is a nice conversation between the old and new here.

2 Likes

Last night looks pretty good.

Suwannee Hulaween - Live Oak, FL - 10/29/21

I: Juggernaut, Intro to a Cell > Shimmer and Out, Greet the Mind, Gilded Age, Bubonic Tonic > Flower Sermon

Both > look fun and I am a sucker for Greet the Mind and Gilded Age. Lotus funk breakdowns and Lotus post-rock back to back seems like a cool combination.

Besides Umphrey’s, the Biscuits, and on certain days Phish, Lotus is definitely one of my favorite bands in the scene. I’ve only seen them 30some times but rarely a bad show played.

2 Likes

Washington’s - Fort Collins, CO - 10/30/21

I: Lucid Awakening, Bjorn Gets a Haircut, Opo, Comptroller > Greet the Mind, 72 Hrs Awake

II: Free Swim, When H Binds to O, It’s All Clear to Me Now > L’immueble > Jump Off, Destroyer, Wax

E: Hammerstrike

I bet that IACTMN>L’immueble>Jump Off segment was bumping!

1 Like

Yeah that looks delicious. Timmy P posted about playing some new songs tonight. Can’t wait until they’re fully clicking with him in the band.

Just saw Lotus announced for the Pabst Theater in January. I was, no joke, just saying to my “wife” a few days ago how I hope they come back soon with this new line up, and that I’ve always hoped they’d play the Pabst vs Turner.

:+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Dude yesssss! Let’s go!

1 Like

I just popped on the Buffalo shows this morning. Still feels like they’re working Tim in but I’m excited once they’re really cooking. Definitely hitting the first hometown show for Timmy in CT. (First show was supposed to be the Bisco cancelled date in the fall)

1 Like

It all sounds better than any recent Remple to me already. Pumped for Timmy on the beach tomorrow

1 Like

Suitcases from holidaze is real nice

1 Like

As is the 16 minute Wax to open up the show. &&That’s the whole ball of wax…

3 Likes

Suitcases might be my favorite track will check this version out. There is a really good Suitcases from Syracuse in 2013 iirc…

2 Likes

I have a spreadsheet somewhere online of my favorite Winter Tour 2013 jams and this one was going on it. Opens the second set.

The Wax thru Suitcases is pretty relentless 45 min!

3 Likes

Starting to get extra pumped for the Pabst Theater show next month! It’s been a few years since my last Lotus show, and have seen them in town here at such a wide range of venues, as well as various spots in Chicago & Madison. Saw them at a few small bars/clubs in the River West neighborhood in MKE back in the early 2000s, then have seen em at the Miramar, Turner Hall & now finally at the historic & breathtakingly beautiful Pabst Theater.

HUGE thanks to my Secret Sultan @mal for the tix!! Way too generous of a gift. Can’t thank you enough. :beers:

7 Likes