Lotus

Just saw Lotus announced for the Pabst Theater in January. I was, no joke, just saying to my “wife” a few days ago how I hope they come back soon with this new line up, and that I’ve always hoped they’d play the Pabst vs Turner.

:+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Dude yesssss! Let’s go!

1 Like

I just popped on the Buffalo shows this morning. Still feels like they’re working Tim in but I’m excited once they’re really cooking. Definitely hitting the first hometown show for Timmy in CT. (First show was supposed to be the Bisco cancelled date in the fall)

1 Like

It all sounds better than any recent Remple to me already. Pumped for Timmy on the beach tomorrow

1 Like

Suitcases from holidaze is real nice

1 Like

As is the 16 minute Wax to open up the show. &&That’s the whole ball of wax…

3 Likes

Suitcases might be my favorite track will check this version out. There is a really good Suitcases from Syracuse in 2013 iirc…

2 Likes

I have a spreadsheet somewhere online of my favorite Winter Tour 2013 jams and this one was going on it. Opens the second set.

The Wax thru Suitcases is pretty relentless 45 min!

3 Likes

Starting to get extra pumped for the Pabst Theater show next month! It’s been a few years since my last Lotus show, and have seen them in town here at such a wide range of venues, as well as various spots in Chicago & Madison. Saw them at a few small bars/clubs in the River West neighborhood in MKE back in the early 2000s, then have seen em at the Miramar, Turner Hall & now finally at the historic & breathtakingly beautiful Pabst Theater.

HUGE thanks to my Secret Sultan @mal for the tix!! Way too generous of a gift. Can’t thank you enough. :beers:

7 Likes

Super bummed that we’ve had this COVID exposure, and positive test results, so we now won’t be able to go see this show on Thursday. I’m hoping that maybe they end up postponing the MKE/Chi shows, due to the massive uptick in Omicron spread, and we can still catch the (potentially) rescheduled show. :crossed_fingers:

Sorry to hear that! But couldn’t you be good by Thursday?

*I have no idea when you tested positive and your symptoms, but theoretically, you could be good to go, no?

While you certainly have a good point, with our current issue & the “wife” not feeling well, as well as me going for a 2nd test, in case I’ve gotten a later onset of infection, we will likely just choose to stay extra safe. Not just for our own safety, but to reduce the chance that we could spread it to anyone else. I’m just now having some possible symptoms, and even though they’re very minor, I didn’t have anything noticeable yesterday.

2 Likes

Hope you guys get well soon! And I wasn’t suggesting you should do it, just that it could be possible if symptoms were to subside or non at well.

Sorry you have to miss. GD Covid!

1 Like

Damn has this thread really not got any love since Tim joined the band? I’ll admit I haven’t listened to any shows with him yet but I’m all ears for recommendations.

Came here to post Luke’s new sideproject, Sugar Nova…

1 Like

Lotus has always just been one of those bands that i never think about until they are in town or at a festival im at.

6 Likes

Had a blast at lotus at sacred rose

2 Likes

Yeah that set was good. Only time ive seen them w/ Tim was at 420fest and it was dope

This is Lotus articulated for my buddies and I: For every time I see Lotus, I think, “wow, that was funking awesome I need to see Lotus more”. Then the next day I forget Lotus exists and so it goes

3 Likes

Perfect summation of how I feel. By the way, what was the spread this weekend for the Phils > Eagles games?

2 Likes