Today in Umphrey's McGee History

This is such a great show. It was the 1st night of a 5 night run I did w/@dkrep, then also hit up 3-4 in Bloomington, IN making it 6 shows in 7 days. That was a very fun week for sure! :beers:

2 Likes

Love this one

19 year anniversary of this little hidden gem!! :beers:

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

Damn that first set

looks amaaaaaazing

Spoiler

Summary

Is it

1 Like

Still a top 5 show seen for me. Midwest had just got hit with a bunch of snow and it was very cold.
Drove up from Champaign IL day of show.

Utopian has a 13-14m Stew capped by a big peak into ALB, after which there was a short ambient/noise jam into the 2nd half of Fir, which was followed by a surprisingly unique island/Calypso outro jam! Uncle Wally is probably the definitive version of the song, just an incredible JO. OG Kula was a cool, I kinda miss those vox.

Second set was not as great, but the LMS > JO > fake keyboard duel was hilarious. Probably one of the better Mulches I’ve seen, and Rocker 2 > Crooked is fire. Jake broke a string at the end of his solo and I think that’s the only reason they jammed it and it led to the grooviest peaking jam of the night.

2 Likes

One of the all time versions of Utopian Fir.

2 Likes

They really loved playing heaters in Iowa for awhile.

2 Likes

Love the song selection of this one, looks like a fun setlist.

Actually the last 3 shows you’ve posted look awesome.

2 Likes

One of my favorite Firs. Hell of a way to start a show.

2 Likes

What a fun night!! :beers:

4 Likes

Both of these fox shows were so fun. Alex’s house debut the next night if I’m not mistaken?

Super solid, unique show! :+1:

3 Likes

Going to listen to the Sociable Jimmy at some point today. I love it so, so much.

2 Likes

Most memorable part of the show for me when BB starts teasing Intentions Clear prior to SIN being released and grins and wags his finger at the crowd when everyone started cheering.

3 Likes

5 year shoutout to a fun show on this day in 2018. Weeknight in Missoula and the crowd brought a lot of energy that the band absolutely loved (they mentioned needing to get a MT timeshare or something).

Also love that Bayliss changes the Remind Me lyrics to roast a woman in the front row who was on her phone during the encore.

I dug syncho > end of first set.& the dbk was great too

3/14/18 - The Wilma - Missoula, MT

Set 1:
October Rain > Miss Tinkle’s Overture, Intentions Clear > Syncopated Strangers > Push the Pig[1] > Syncopated Strangers, Looks, Wizard Burial Ground

Set 2:
Der Bluten Kat > So Far Away[2] > Der Bluten Kat, Speak Up-> Mad Love, Utopian Fir[3]

Encore: Remind Me

Footnotes:
[1] with Jake on keys
[2] debut, Dire Straits
[3] with Back In Black (AC/DC) tease and Mulche’s Odyssey jam

1 Like

I was right behind said woman; we were probably next to each other the whole show!

1 Like

Yesterday was super hectic & I spaced bumping this little gem. Fun times for sure!

Now a ‘21 years ago’ bump… :+1: