Today in Umphrey's McGee History

10 years ago UM played their best RRX show ever.

4 Likes

Eh, night 1 2016 is better. But this show definitely deserves to be well-remembered.

4 Likes

2012 is definitely better than 2016

3 Likes

Big time

2 Likes

That Canopy show was a lot of fun, second set really ripped.

15 year anniversary bump!! :beers:

1 Like

Fun show. That was my first time at the Taft. Great American stew was beautiful as fuck.

2 Likes

Officially now been 20 years. Bittersweet for sure. Both of these shows are f’n stellar. Some really great memories from each of them! :+1: :beers:

A day late, but 13 year anniversary bump to another great Oct/Nov night of UM in WI!!

:sunglasses: :beers:

1 Like

This was the first show after seeing them for a few years where I knew everything that was going on. Really clicked and when I became full on board the UM train

2 Likes

OCTOBER 4, 2007 – LIBERTY HALL, LAWRENCE, KS, USA
Set 1:
Intro > Bright Lights, Big City > Anchor Drops, Get In The Van > 2x2[1], End of the Road

Set 2:
Nothing Too Fancy > Bloody Well Right > The Fussy Dutchman, Nopener, Water > Nothing Too Fancy, 13 Days > Tribute to the Spinal Shaft

Encore:
Resolution[2]

[1] with Immigrant Song (Led Zeppelin) tease
[2] with Can’t You Hear Me Knocking (The Rolling Stones) teases

Attendance bias, but this is one of my favorites. This was the first night of my 1st 3 day run. Check out the Intro JO (Liberty Echo) > Bright Lights if you haven’t. This Bright Lights is a top 5 UM jam for me.

4 Likes

14 years ago one of the :goat: s and the start to an amazing 10 shows in 10 days. Definitely some heat from all the shows but this one was the best.

October 9, 2008 Umphrey’s McGeeNorthern LightsClifton Park, NY, USA

Set 1: Get In The Van, 13 Days, Soul Food I > Plunger > Pay the Snucka

Set 2: Bridgeless > Sociable Jimmy, Dump City, Cherub Rock, Ringo, Thin Air

Encore: Plunger[1] > Bridgeless

Footnotes:
[1] with Soul Food II intro containing Roundabout (Yes) teases

6 Likes

Can’t believe this one was 18 years ago. Really fun night! :beers: :+1:

1 Like

Yet another obligatory anniversary bump! It’s really hard to believe how quickly 19 years has seemed to pass by. :man_shrugging:

:wook: :wook:

2 Likes

Anniversary bump! :+1:

1 Like

October 26, 2012 Umphrey’s McGeeRiverside TheaterMilwaukee, WI, USA

Set 1: FlamethrowerMiami Virtue > Intentions Clear > White Pickle > Den, Anchor Drops, Conduit, Comma Later > Padgett’s Profile

Set 2: Mail Package, Resolution[1] > Deeper > Bridgeless, Cherub Rock, Morning Song, Tribute to the Spinal Shaft[2] > The Bottom Half[3]

Encore: Mother, Walletsworth > Bridgeless

Footnotes:
[1] with Clint Eastwood (Gorillaz) jam and Sad But True (Metallica) teases
[2] with Voices Inside My Head (The Police) jam
[3] with Free Fallin’ (Top Petty) jam

**Show Notes:**The Woody Woodpecker Song (Tiddles/Idriss) was teased before Comma Later and Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin) was teased during band intros before Mail Package.

Opening Band(s): This Must Be the Band

10 years ago today. I still really regret missing this show, especially since the following night was lackluster. I love listening to the first set especially on tape though!

3 Likes

I have an old Polaroid of me and my best friend at that show in mashup costumes. I gotta try and find it

Marty Mc”Fly”
Doc Charlie Brown

1 Like

What a fun fucking weekend that introduced us all to the greatness that is the Riverside Theater. I remember being in awe with how easy it was to rip joints on the balcony that first night.

This must be the band was a super solid opener as well.

Edit

7 Likes

People can say what they will about Wisconsin and MKE, but we’re very fortunate to have the Pabst Group venues in our city. Riverside Theater, Pabst Theater, Turner Hall Ballroom…all amazing places for shows. Back Room at Collectivo & Miller High Life Theatre are great as well.

9 Likes

Should have known better then to make a dumb mistake like that. After all it is probably my favorite indoor venue in the country.

Totally agree Milwaukee is always a good time music or not.

2 Likes