Today in Umphrey's McGee History

16 year anniversary bump…

June 10, 2006 The Lawn At White River State ParkIndianapolis, IN, USA

Set 1: Wife Soup, Professor Wormbog, The Haunt > White Man’s Moccasins, Glory > Words > Who Knows[1] > Hurt Bird Bath[2]

Set 2: Dump City, Believe the Lie, Eat, Bright Lights, Big City > The Triple Wide > Digital Buddha[3] > The Triple Wide[4], Mulche’s Odyssey

Encore: Slacker[5]

Footnotes:
[1] one verse
[2] with Buster (moe.) and Linus and Lucy (Vince Guaraldi) teases
[3] debut, The Disco Biscuits; with The Disco Biscuits replacing Umphrey’s one by one, until only Andy was left on percussion
[4] with all of Umphrey’s returning to the stage except for Brendan, leaving Jon Gutwillig to complete The Triple Wide; with Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin) teases
[5] with Another Brick In the Wall (Pink Floyd) intro jam

**Show Notes:**with The Rain Song (Led Zeppelin) tease before Professor Wormbog
with (Don’t Fear) The Reaper (Blue Öyster Cult) tease before Mulche’s Odyssey

Disco Biscuits opening set:

7-11 > Little Shimmy In A Conga Line 1 >Tempest, Frog Legs, I-Man 2, Abraxas, M.E.M.P.H.I.S. > Camera B

1 inverted

2 w/ Riders On The Storm (The Doors) tease

:beers: :beers: :+1: :+1: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

1 Like

19 year anniversary bump!!

June 22, 2003 Backyard BashChicago, IL, USA

Set 1: Hurt Bird Bath, Space Funk Booty > Trenchtown Rock, Anchor Drops[1] > 2x2 > Ringo[2], In Violation of Yes[3]

Set 2: 40’s Theme[4], Divisions[5], The Triple Wide[6] > In the Hall of the Mountain King, Wife Soup, Lenny, Miss Tinkle’s Overture > Mulche’s Odyssey

Encore: Release > Pay the Snucka[7]

Footnotes:
[1] with Underworld (Super Mario Brothers) theme (Koji Kondo) and Roundabout (Yes) teases
[2] with Uninvited (Alanis Morissette) and Lose Yourself (Eminem) teases
[3] began with Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Pink Floyd) tease; with Sweet Child O’ Mine (Guns N’ Roses) tease
[4] with Nuthin’ but a ‘G’ Thang (Dr. Dre) tease
[5] sung by Jake “Johnny Cash” style
[6] with Imperial March (Star Wars) (John Williams) and Glide (The New Deal) teases
[7] part III only

**Show Notes:**with Unskinny Bop (Poison) tease before In Violation of Yes

Good times :beers:

2 Likes

Can’t believe I spaced these 2 shows the last couple days, but I’ve been super busy getting ready for this weekend (throwing a Bday party @ our house for a friend) & have to travel for a funeral tomorrow…

Anyways, 20 year anniversary bump to a great pair of shows :+1::+1:

2 Likes

20 year anniversary of my second show, but the first one that truly captivated me. ran into McL in the lot of a moe./les show in cleveland a week or so later and he handed over the CDRs for this show. caught it with my dad, sister (RIP), and an ex as we escaped a family reunion in the chicago burbs to pop into the city for this one

June 29, 2002 Umphrey’s McGeeWeed Street Summer FestChicago, IL, USA

Ringo - with Nick Kovach on harmonica

4 Likes

:+1::+1:

6 Likes

That fancy is so good

4 Likes

Milwaukee got 2 solid Jajunks between the Halloween ‘15 run and this SF show.

1 Like

I used to spin that 10’ SF show all the time. Great Fancy and I believe it was my first time hearing Search 4 live.

2 Likes

A buddy of mine got us some all access passes for that stage in ‘10, which came in super handy for one specific reason…we could use a private bathroom to the side of the stage. That was when access to a private bathroom at a show was far more useful to my friends & I than it is these days. Didn’t use them to talk to the bands or any of that, just used that bathroom & watched some from the side of the stage. Still have that pass/sticker lying around somewhere.

5 Likes

That’s pretty cool. I can kinda remember there being a gated off area to the front/side of the stage. Aren’t there also some private side stage balconies? I seem to remember the band looking back that way and thanking “the millers” a few times.

15 years since my first show

June 30, 2007 Umphrey’s McGeeMasquerade Music ParkAtlanta, GA, USA

Set 1: Wizard Burial Ground, Example 1 > Walletsworth[1] > Nothing Too Fancy > Alex’s House > 40’s Theme, Words, Pay the Snucka, FF[2] > Nothing Too Fancy[2], Panama

Encore: Miss Tinkle’s Overture[3]

Footnotes:
[1] with Crazy Train (Ozzy Osbourne) teases
[2] with Aron Magner on keys
[3] The Disco Biscuits started the encore with their song Helicopters; one by one, they were replaced by Umphrey’s before seguing into Miss Tinkle’s Overture; with November Rain (Guns N’ Roses) teases from Jake

**Show Notes:**D.U.M.B. tour; The Disco Biscuits played before Umphrey’s McGee

7 Likes

I had a FB memory of me bitching about how there would be no Resolution at Red Rocks that year and this must be the show they played it at prior. Not sure if I have ever heard this one, might have to spin it this afternoon! Resolutions were great in 2010…

1 Like

Heady 34 minute Utopian Fir today on 07/01/2007

Spring/Summer 07 was up there with my peak UM fandom. Brings back good memories of being in Spain walking the Camino de Santiago using my 15 minutes of internet to check UM setlists instead of emailing my family :grin:

My grandma had recently passed, I had just graduated HS and was off to Colorado in the Fall for school so it was a emotion filled time in my life and I was listening to lots of UM. They were definitely largely the soundtrack to this period in my life and these DUMB 2007 shows bring me back to that.

8 Likes

7/1/11 anniversary bump. Great 1st and killer all in time

7 Likes

Flashback to maybe the 1st every Fiasco (battle of the bands)? I was standing right next to the brass band on the balcony. I thought it was fun but I wasn’t a quarter as jaded as I am now.
I miss Moonlite Gardens.

UMPHREY’S MCGEE: JULY 4, 2012 – MOONLITE GARDENS, CINCINNATI, OH, USA

Set 1: Jekyll & Hyde > Mulche’s Odyssey, Sociable Jimmy, Great American, The Floor, Syncopated Strangers > White Pickle > Den > Syncopated Strangers > Black Sabbath > War Pigs[1] > “Horns vs. Band Challenge”[2] > Andy’s Last Beer

Set 2: Flamethrower > Bright Lights, Big City, Plunger > Go to Hell > Plunger, Night Nurse, Gin and Juice[3], Ocean Billy > Booth Love[4], Pay the Snucka > Ocean Billy

Encore: Let’s Dance[1], Pay the Snucka

[1] with Cincinnati Brass Band, performing from the balcony
[2] with Cincinnati Brass Band; with Let Me Clear My Throat (DJ Kool; Horns), The Ocean (Led Zeppelin; Band), Bad Romance (Lady Gaga; H), The Trooper (Iron Maiden; B), Apache (The Sugarhill Gang; H), Hot for Teacher (Van Halen; B), and Andy’s Last Beer (H)
[3] with G. Love on harmonica and vocals
[4] with Baker Street (Gerry Rafferty) teases

:wook: :wook: :wook:

4 Likes

Can’t believe I’ve been seeing this band for 15 years

5 Likes

:wook: :wook: :wook:

6 Likes

Love this show! Robot World is great!

2 Likes

15 year anniversary bump!! Great show, top to bottom. The flow of the 1st set is just incredible, then set 2 has standout versions of HBB & FF as the centerpiece. Just such a great night!! :sunglasses:

7 Likes