Today in Umphrey's McGee History

:sunglasses:

I was twenty years old, a month before I turned 21. I slipped the bartender a 20 and always went back to her for the open bar and got perfectly not sober. I was right in front of jake, and just had a fucking blast. One of my best umphreys memories.

2 Likes

14 year anniversary bump!! :beers: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

This is by far my favorite Summercamp memory, in terms of the music.

:beers: :+1: :boom:

10 Likes

That fir :drooling_face:

3 Likes

GOAT UM jam

May 26, 2012 Umphrey’s McGeeThree Sisters ParkChillicothe, IL, USA “Summer Camp Music Festival”

Set 1: Tango Mike > The Floor, Through the Cracks, Bridgeless > Utopian Fir, August, 1348 > Bridgeless

Set 2: Depth Charge[1] > Hurt Bird Bath, Comma Later > Nothing Too Fancy, Tom Sawyer, The Triple Wide > Hangover > 1348

Encore: All In Time[2]

Footnotes:
[1] debut, original
[2] with Thunder Kiss '65 (White Zombie) tease

love this second set. I was so high and kept seeing the craziest shit… I think.

1 Like

RIP Through The Cracks

2 Likes

I liked that song…

2 Likes

That song sucked

1 Like

2 Likes

This one is better:

2 Likes

Anniversary bump to a legendary evening. Man, do I miss those days.

2 Likes

But I’m four feet thick.

YOU’RE SUCH A DICK!

1 Like

May 27, 2011 Umphrey’s McGee — Three Sisters Park — Chillicothe, IL, USA “Summer Camp Music Festival”

Set 1:
Prowler > 1348 > Red Tape[1], Pay the Snucka[2], 2nd Self, Señor Mouse, Mulche’s Odyssey

Set 2:
Catshot, Preamble > Miss Tinkle’s Overture[3] > Higgins > Miss Tinkle’s Overture > Higgins, Rocker Part 2, Day Nurse, Hourglass[4], The Floor, The National Anthem[5]

Encore:
The Triple Wide-> 1348

Footnotes:
[1] with Cocaine (J.J. Cale) teases
[2] with One Nation Under a Groove (Funkadelic) teases and Bulls On Parade (Rage Against the Machine) jam
[3] with The Floor tease
[4] debut, original
[5] with Dominic Lalli on saxophone

Best time ever.

4 Likes

That first set opening segment is an all-timer.

2 Likes

15 years ago! Only show I brought my parents to, even if they left at set break. Whole family went to Roger Waters the next night so Young Lust for this show was a treat. Highlights the DBK > Alex’s House > DBK > Alex’s House > DBK, N2F through Prowler.

FF jam could also show some of the origins of So Much?

June 1, 2007 Umphrey’s McGeeElectric FactoryPhiladelphia, PA, USA

Set 1: Intro[1] > Der Bluten Kat > Alex’s House > Der Bluten Kat > Alex’s House > Der Bluten Kat, Mail Package, Atmosfarag > Out Of Order > Abacab

Set 2: Believe the Lie, Hangover > Nothing Too Fancy[2] > FF > Nothing Too Fancy > Young Lust > Prowler > Hangover

Encore: Pay the Snucka

Footnotes:
[1] with Jake on keys
[2] with Allen Aucoin replacing Kris on drums; with Ain’t Talkin’ 'bout Love (Van Halen) teases

4 Likes

came here to post this, as this is my wife’s first show. we met 4 days earlier, and she tagged along with us up to mountain jam the next morning

4 Likes

Def in my top 10 seen as well and possibly #1 in the fun category.

:beers: :+1:

1 Like