Today in Umphrey's McGee History

I need to relisten to 3.22.2007 been years honestly. Definitely remains one of my favorite Umphrey’s show.

2 Likes

Think UM ever listens back to shows like this and thinks “Man, we used to be good!” ?

17 year anniversary bump!! Pure fire!! :wook: :wook:

2 Likes

My sister has always raved about some shows where RJD2 opened for them. This must’ve been one of them

Oh god I hope I wasn’t as militant as you’re making me sound.

Pretty great show. This Linear is my favorite PacNW jam I’ve ever heard. Beats the '08 Wife Soup.

2 Likes

No, not at all! It was a funny memory I have from that show, though.

1 Like

And that Linear is the GOAT

1 Like

Missed the GOAT 14 year anniversary yesterday.
April 3, 2008 Umphrey’s McGee The Orange PeelAsheville, NC, USA

Set 1: The Triple Wide > 13 Days, Tribute to the Spinal Shaft > Water, The Pequod > Mulche’s Odyssey

Set 2: Abacab, Der Bluten Kat[1], 2nd Self, Hurt Bird Bath

Encore: Phil’s Farm[2]

Footnotes:
[1] with Kula jam
[2] with Karl Engelmann on kazoo

The 4/1 - 4/5 run is all so good. Never going to get over not making the drive to St. Louis. 4/1 echo and 4/5 much obliged are the other highlights of the run

7 Likes

Abacab needs to come back. Great cover

9 Likes

Why does UM’s version deviate so much from the original??

3 Likes

Today is 04/14/2004…probably not alone in this being one of the shows I listened to a ton when I first discovered and was getting into Umphrey’s.

Classic.

3 Likes

To these ears this is the best 1998 show I’ve heard

1 Like

Obligatory annual bump!!

Oddly enough, the friend I had mentioned above reached out yesterday to plan a visit w/his new “wife” in June. We’re in touch relatively frequently, especially during MLB season, as he’s originally from St Louis & is now back living there, but just felt it was kinda funny. We’re always back & forth when the Brewers/Cardinals series are going on.

1 Like

15 year anniversary of my last (3-of-3) In Violation of Yes, (and the 4th to last stab at it by the band)

3 Likes

04/20/2007 Bridgeless appreciation

3 Likes

At this stage, IVOY may be their ultimate bust-out.

2 Likes

Came here to post this. What a lovely show. Too bad I went with a group I didn’t know well and they sucked at being on time and talked through the whole show.

April 20, 2007 Umphrey’s McGeeThe Newport Music HallColumbus, OH, USA

Set 1: Much Obliged > Mullet (Over), FF > All Things Ninja, Plunger > I Want You (She’s So Heavy)

Set 2: The Fuzz > Kashmir[1] > Equal Rights[2], Eat, Bridgeless[3] > 40’s Theme, Nemo > Partyin’ Peeps, Nemo

Encore: Front Porch[4] > Bridgeless

Footnotes:
[1] one verse
[2] ended with Muffburger Sandwich tease
[3] with Is There Anybody Out There? (Pink Floyd) intro; with Pick Your Nose tease; “Jimmy Stewart” with lyrics
[4] with Push the Pig, Uninvited (Alanis Morissette), and Lose Yourself (Eminem) teases

**Show Notes:**last Kashmir 2004-12-03 (319 shows)
last Equal Rights 2005-05-11 (260 shows)
with Sweet Home Alabama teases before Front Porch

IIRC the Bridgeless stew was the origin of No Comment?

2 Likes

Yep - “Pop Tart” aka No Comment

1 Like

20 years ago today…had such a blast at this one! :+1:

April 26, 2002 Umphrey’s McGeeThe Barrymore TheatreMadison, WI, USA

Set 1: Intro[1] > Get In The Van > HajimemashiteIt’s About That Time > The HauntIt’s About That Time, Push the Pig[2], Soul Food I > I Am the Walrus > Mullet (Over), Anchor Drops > The Triple Wide

Set 2: Last Call > Prowler > Kielbasa, Dump City, Walletsworth, Nothing Too Fancy > Pay the Snucka[3] > Space Funk Booty, Syncopated Strangers[4], Mamu, Last Man Swerving[5] > Nothing Too Fancy

Encore: Home Sweet Home[6], Roulette

Footnotes:
[1] only Joel
[2] ended with Waterfalls (TLC) verse. “Left Eye” Lopez had passed away the previous day.
[3] with Panama (Van Halen) teases
[4] with Gesture Under a Mitten teases
[5] with Brendan on keys, with Bubblehouse (Medeski Martin & Wood) and When the Saints Go Marching In (trad.) teases
[6] Joel on vocals

**Show Notes:**Joel’s solo CD Uncommon Ritual was released.
last Home Sweet Home 2000-03-04 (284 shows)

:+1: :+1:

4 Likes