Today in Umphrey's McGee History

Mellows = harshed.

5 Likes

That was my first time seeing Red, which I was stoked on. That was about the only positive takeaway from that show for me.

Edit: no it wasn’t I saw it on 11/4/06 at the Rave haha.

2 Likes

Yeah, you’re right. Red was cool, I’ll give the show that.

2 Likes

The worst

1 Like

What a stinker, saw another one of my least favorite UM shows the month prior in Boone NC.

You know the show is bad when even you call it out

1 Like

I drove to the show with my buddy from Milwaukee when we were in highschool. Seeing Adrian was great, and it was like my 4th show, so I had a good time. But I never relisten to it.

It’s been cool seeing thela being played by um, solo Adrian shows, turkauz with Jerry and Adrian and king crim themselves

2 Likes

That is definitely pretty cool. There aren’t many bands/songs where I’ve seen the cover played by UM and the original band.

3 Likes

Drove 8 hours to this one, daylight savings/time change had us confused so we slammed beers in the parking garage across the street during the first set, by accident. Nothing like getting to your seats to hear Bayliss say “take a break, we are.” Total devastation. Got hammered drunk though.

2 Likes

I am definitely one of the more positive Um fans here and try to find good in even an average show but I’m critical when necessary hahaha.

If they let us drink during the show in the theater it might have numbed us to this lackluster show.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’ve said this before, but if this show were a single event which didn’t follow the 3 previous nights w/Belew, and didn’t have such a crazy lame security issue, it wouldn’t be ~quite~ so awful. But…anyone who was in the building that night knows just how f’d up the whole vibe was. A show on St. Pat’s in South Bend, home of the Fighting Irish, and we couldn’t bring a beer to our seats. I can’t believe that team UM wasn’t aware of that issue beforehand. That, coupled with the show being easily the least impressive of the 4 nights, musically speaking, just adds fuel to the fire of hatred. To be fair, I think I’ve only listened to this like once or twice right after the run, and have no intention of doing so again. :-1:

1 Like

19 year anniversary bump!! :wook: :wook:

2 Likes

Surprised I haven’t posted this one in the past 2 years, but 15 year anniversary bump to a seriously scorching hot show. I’m not the biggest Higgins fan, nor am I a hater, but it really was the perfect encore choice for this one. The lyric of ‘hope your expectations were lower than before’ was a perfect nod to the last show they played, 5 days earlier in South Bend.

IMO, this is what that show should’ve been, but too many things were just off at the St Pat’s show.

[March 22, 2007] Umphrey’s McGee The Orpheum TheatreMadison, WI, USA

Set 1: Intro > Great American, Pay the Snucka, Sociable Jimmy > Hajimemashite > Believe the Lie, War Pigs > Out Of Order

Set 2: Nothing Too Fancy > FF[1] > Waiting Room, Eat > The Crooked One > The Fuzz[2]-> The Crooked One > Eat > Nothing Too Fancy

Encore: Higgins[3]

Footnotes:
[1] with The Fuzz tease and Can’t You Hear Me Knocking (The Rolling Stones) jam
[2] “dub version”
[3] began with Rock and Roll Part 2 (Gary Glitter) tease

:+1: :beers:

3 Likes

20 year anniversary bump!!

:wook: :wook: :wook:

3 Likes

Damn it was probably a blast to catch Umphrey’s at the HoB in Chicago. I’ve seen Tribe there twice and while it was tough security, the vibe in that room for those shows was next level…

1 Like

20 year anniversary bump to one of my all time favorite concert experiences!!

:wook: :wook: :wook: :wook: :wook:

2 Likes

Dang, that nuts 3/23/07 Intentions Clear was 15 years ago. Wtf?

5 Likes

That weekend is still the most fun I’ve had seeing UM.

Post show on 3/23, was the highest I’ve ever been in public. I was at the Perkins in Hopkins and these cool old black dudes were making fun of us for “smellin like reefer.”

10 Likes

I still really regret not making those 1st Ave shows. We had done 3/5 & 3/6 Boulder, then 3/14-3/17 & 3/22. Had 4/5-4/7 on the radar, so just chose to save the $$ & skip MPLS. Oh well, lesson learned. Gotta hit ‘em when they’re hot. I def lucked out & saw a ton of ‘07, but certainly missed some real gems that were within a reasonable distance.

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I lament not skipping my Calc midterm, or faking a family situation to reschedule it, so I could attend 3/22/07. One of my biggest regrets. Or maybe that was 11/2-11/3/06? I don’t know, memory is very hazy.

See:

3 Likes