Today in Umphrey's McGee History

My first show. 13 years later and this one still fucks. Such a good night and one that would change my life ever since.

This one has THE blow out HBB right? Forgot about this show

As incredible as the HBB is, I think I’d pick The Bottom Half for jam of the show. Both are in the mix for greatest jam ever for my tastes.

1 Like

That Padge > Bottom 1/2 is just pure heat. But Jake and BB on that Bottom 1/2 peak is stupid good and tthe way they melt out of that proggy jam right into How Many More Times…c’m

This was a fun night:

07.16.2005 “ALL GOOD MUSIC FESTIVAL” MARVIN’S MOUNTAINTOP, MASONTOWN, WV, USA

One Set: Push the Pig, Plunger, The Triple Wide[1] > Ocean Billy, Mullet (Over)[2], In the Flesh? > Another Brick in the Wall > Hangover, JaJunk[3], Blue Echo > Much Obliged > Partyin’ Peeps

Encore: Waiting Room, 40’s Theme

[1] with Jason Hann on percussion
[2] with Michael Kang on fiddle
[3] with Sweet Child o’ Mine (Guns N’ Roses) tease

Notes:
Late night set

Drove here the next day. Not as fun.

07.17.2005 BLOSSOM MUSIC CENTER, CUYAHOGA FALLS, OH, USA

One Set: Slacker[1], Get In The Van, 13 Days, Robot World[2] > The Crooked One, Prowler > Uncommon, Shine On You Crazy Diamond[3]

[1] with Saturday in the Park (Chicago) tease
[2] with Norwegian Wood (The Beatles) jam
[3] with Carl Young on saxophone

Notes:
Big Summer Classic tour

13 year bump. What a doozie. Just :fire: :fire: :fire: in Fir, JaJunk, MFF. And then the Plunger and IC are also stand outs (especially dig the Plunger). This show fucks.

07.19.2007 “10,000 Lakes Festival” Soo Pass Ranch - Detroit Lakes, MN

One Set: Utopian Fir > 40’s Theme, Divisions > Plunger, JaJunk, Intentions Clear > Making Flippy Floppy[1] -> Glory > Divisions

Encore: Nemo > Wizard Burial Ground > Nemo

Notes:
[1] with Have a Cigar (Pink Floyd) tease
Main Stage

7 Likes

happy birthday to higgins, which turns 15 today.

if you don’t like it, i hope you’ve eaten the dick which BB suggested you eat if indeed, you didn’t like it

5 Likes

A day late, but god damn is this second set glorious.

08.25.2006 “F.U.N.K. Festival” Bill Monroe Memorial Music Park & Campground, Bean Blossom, IN, USA

Set 1: The Fuzz > Out Of Order, Kabump > Slacker, Utopian Fir[1] > Hurt Bird Bath

Set 2: Wife Soup[2], All Things Ninja[2], Intentions Clear[2] > End of the Road[2], Believe the Lie[2], Mail Package[3]

Encore: Shine On You Crazy Diamond[2]

[1] unfinished
[2] with Joshua Redman on saxophones
[3] with Joshua Redman on saxophones and Victor Wooten replacing Ryan on bass

3 Likes

One of my all time favorite Redman sit-ins.

Edit: Also probably the shortest Fir ever

1 Like

Higgins sux

2 Likes

Fuck Higgins

3 Likes

My favorite Ninja of all time. Redman SLAYS on this show.

2 Likes

I had so much fun at this show. The festival was pretty empty. I had a cooler of beer about 10 feet from the stage with all the dancing room in the world. One of the best nights of UM I have seen.

fuck u

and u 2

4 Likes

You just don’t like it because Bayliss plays the exact same thing for the first 3 min

Yes I do

Gimme that Bm man

1 Like

fwiw, the eat a dick comment i made was based on what BB said at the time to introduce the song

15 years ago was my very first Biscuits show because it was the last night of a 5 night UM run I was on. This N2F has an amazing jam, super pretty and unique from most other versions.

08.27.2005 “CAMP BISCO IV” SKYETOP FESTIVAL GROUNDS, VAN ETTEN, NY, USA

Set 1: Sociable Jimmy > Plunger > Professor Wormbog, Making Flippy Floppy[1] > Blue Echo > The Bottom Half, Bridgeless

Set 2: Nothing Too Fancy[2], Push the Pig[3], Believe the Lie > Dump City, Higgins > No More Tears[4]

[1] with Hella Good (No Doubt) teases
[2] with Stranglehold (Ted Nugent) jam
[3] with Such Great Heights (Postal Service) tease
[4] with power outage

2 Likes