Today in Umphrey's McGee History

Yep…I’m a nerd for this band. :nerd_face:

This show is amazing. Love the Mulche’s and NN. Soul Food party was awesome too.

February 7, 2013 Umphrey’s McGeeFirst AvenueMinneapolis, MN, USA

Set 1: Day Nurse, Divisions[1] > Uncle Wally, Great American > Q*Bert > Great American > Nemo[2], Through the Cracks > Divisions

Set 2: Hangover, Miss Tinkle’s Overture, All In Time > Padgett’s Profile, Resolution > All In Time

Encore: Fame > The Triple Wide

Footnotes:
[1] with Dance Hall Days (Wang Chung) jam
[2] “Jimmy Stewart” with lyrics

**Show Notes:**This show was in Mainroom.

10 years ago today! Still one of my favorite attended shows, especially the first set!

2 Likes

Show was fire. Lots of my favorite songs. Through the Cracks sticks out like a sore thumb in that first set.

3 Likes

February 8, 2013 Umphrey’s McGeeThe PageantSt. Louis, MO, USA

Set 1: Drink My Drank > Plunger > 2x2, Comma Later > Preamble > Mantis > The Linear[1], Last Man SwervingNo Comment[2] > Plunger

Set 2: Puppet String[3] > 40’s Theme, Wife Soup, Bridgeless, Live and Let Die, Bright Lights, Big City, Deeper > Mantis

Encore: Pay the Snucka

Footnotes:
[1] with Search 4 tease
[2] with Roundabout (Yes) tease before Plunger
[3] unfinished

February 9, 2013 Umphrey’s McGeeThe PageantSt. Louis, MO, USA

Set 1: Leave Me Las Vegas > Get In The Van, The Floor, In The Kitchen[1] > #5 > In The Kitchen, Example 1, Muscle Shoals Nitty Gritty[2], Layla

Set 2: Der Bluten Kat > Peter Gunn / Every Breath You Take > Der Bluten Kat, White Pickle > Slacker, Wappy Sprayberry > Tribute to the Spinal Shaft[3] > Puppet String[4]

Encore: Phil’s Farm > Glory > Phil’s Farm

Footnotes:
[1] with Soul Food II jam
[2] with Mike Dillon on vibraphone; with Entrance of the Gladiators (Julius Fučík) and (Don’t Fear) The Reaper (Blue Öyster Cult) teases
[3] with Puppet String tease
[4] completes the 2013-02-08 version

This STL run was a great time. Set 1 of Night 1 and especially Set 2 of Night 2 are worth the listen. Always loved the Peter Gunn/Every Breath You Take Sopranos bit, this was my only time catching it. Wappy > Tribute > Puppet is gold.

4 Likes

:sunglasses: :rocket: :boom: :beers:

7 Likes

Best show

7 Likes

Fuck yeah, going to have to listen to the one today. The next night from the Orpheum is a super super fun show too. Got a little too drunk before the show and had to sit down for awhile but I bounced back strong as soon as they came on stage and had an absolute blast in the balcony.

3 Likes

FF is music to realign your shakra to

3 Likes

That 2/9/13 Tribute is one of the most unique and subtle, beautiful jams they have done.

3 Likes

A good contrast from the madness that is the beginning of Tribute, too.

1 Like

Is this the show you played me on the way to Minny?

1 Like

Yep

2 Likes

Hell yeah that was :fire:

1 Like

Y’all listen to UM on the way to UM?

One of my friends from my college touring days would never let us listen to Umphrey’s on the way to a show for fear we’d hear a superior version of a song we might hear that night. Kind of stuck with that going forward but I’m not going to knock someone else’s jam. I listen to a ton of Umphrey’s.

4 Likes

i’ll usually abstain for a few days ahead of seeing a band

3 Likes

The “wife” is a religious follower of this. No music of the band you’re seeing within a week of the show.

2 Likes

I had a couple friends with that superstition. IDGAF these days and I listen to whatever I’m feeling.

2 Likes

Everyone who enjoys UM in a way different from the way I do is doing it in an inferior way.

3 Likes

I always knew I was off somehow…

4 Likes