The Psych / Garage / Lo-Fi Thread

Lo-Fi sad boi jam

SoCal/Surf Indie Punk

It just dawned on me that tonight was supposed to be night 1 of 2 of King Gizzard at Red Rocks… Huge bummer.

1 Like

another new wave jam, this album has a couple great tunes.

More post-punk:

I dont really know how to describe this tune, but the Growlers write some good music. I like a decent bit of their stuff, this song is fun to listen to though. Garage-Disco/Punk

For you vinyl nerds out there, Rose City Band just announced another limited LP of their upcoming release this month:

Pretty badass. Would purchase had I not already preordered this one:

2 Likes

that orange and blue is pretty dope too tbh

1 Like

listened to the single yesterday, really liked it!

Digging the new Rose City Band album.

Just got an email that it’s gonna be another month before the vinyl ships tho :confused:

This is an album that a friend of a friend released this year. Really great stuff with a nice psych rock sound. This is the description on their own website: “The band’s style takes from many influences ranging from The Allman Brothers and Grateful Dead, to The Band and The Flying Burrito Brothers.”

A lot of these tunes have similarities to Rose City

I think people will dig this. Chilled out surf-psych dad rock. The vibes are good.

3 Likes

This is some tight lounge bananas. I’m digging this album a lot so far.

1 Like

This is awesome.

1 Like

this is the dankest thread on the nubort4.0, by the way.

2 Likes

Listened to this whole album twice already today, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Just listened. Good stuff!

Anybody ever listen to Dungen? Just discovered them today and this album is pretty awesome:

Band description from Spotify:

Boasting a blend of '60s-styled psychedelic rock, free jazz, Swedish folk, and instrumental ambiance, Swedish collective Dungen is the brainchild of multi-instrumentalist Gustav Ejstes. With a band of like-minded explorers surrounding him, Ejstes consistently made records that expanded sonic boundaries and crafted songs that sounded like lost psych-pop hits from the late-'60s Europe.

If anyone is looking for a sampler, check out the track “Fredag.” Appears to be their most popular track on Spotify but damn is it good.

3 Likes

Fredag showed up on my discover weekly playlist like 3 years ago, and I immediately added it to a bunch of playlists. Love that song. For some reason I have never listened to the whole album… I guess I should probably do that.

Dig this. Some American Babies vibes here for sure.

if you like that, peep this guy

Combining folk, funk, and psych-rock into trippy experimental pop, multi-instrumentalist Jaako Eino Kalevi wove his own breed of weird, textural synth pop. Taking a slightly different approach with each release, he moved from the introspective dream pop of 2018’s Out of Touch to more demented funk on the 2019 mini-album Dissolution.

2 Likes

Washed out synth/funk/pop

1 Like

bumping this album, because I think it’s really good.