The First Time You Heard UM

w/o the files being all out of order

Well at least they are all a good song!

1 Like

Hahaha same. It was pretty cool to see a dude at my first show wearing a Vehemence shirt. Chatted him up while waiting to go in. That was the last thing I remember.

Cut to two years later and seeing them in a very small theater In a town I didnā€™t think they would ever play (09 grand junction) a dude behind me was wearing a Death shirt and it was cool to see another metal head out there.

2 Likes

Talked Converge during set break at one of the new years runs with somebody, which was awesome. Wonder where that guy is now.

1 Like

I havenā€™t thought about them in a long time. God Was Created was such a good fucking album.

1 Like

So cash money. Early Cynic fux hard too.

2 Likes

Not quite sure when I first heard UM, but first show was ā€˜06. I remember the bottom half album being a big part of it. Also at 14-15 years old hanging with 17-18 year olds who had been to shows I just was naturally drawn to it. Peer pressure I guess

Some of my best memories were trying to impress the juniors/seniors when being a freshman/sophomore. You just wanted to impress them and felt like the shit afterwards

Maybe Iā€™m just realizing I peaked during high school athletics (definitely did)

2 Likes

The first umphreys show I saw was outdoors and I had no idea who they were, got dragged there by a friend. We were walking along the outside of the amphitheater to the gates when they came on and dropped into slacker. I donā€™t even think I had looked over to see what the band looked like at that point but those initial bars of slacker hooked me immediately. Then I fell in love with bayliss and have been questioning my sexuality ever since

1 Like

Better than me. Iā€™m pretty sure my atheltic peak was 12 year old Little League

5 Likes

Same here. Threw a kid out at home plate from deep center field. Never topped that move.

5 Likes

Epic. I won our townā€™s end of season homerun derby. Will forever be my sports claim to fame.

My prize was a free candy and soda of my choice at the snack shack.

3 Likes

Baseball for me was a huge peak at like 10/11 years old. Led the league in HRs and we won the championship. I still joke with my parents about how the only game they missed that season was the only game I hit 2 HRs.

Played feeder baseball in 8th grade and didnā€™t get a hit til halfway through the season. Wasnā€™t even a good hit. It was a sacrifice bunt and I ran over the first basemen. Coach told me if I didnā€™t get a hit soon he was going to send me up there without a bat.

2 Likes

Weā€™re all a little Bay for gayliss

I hated playing baseball

I peaked in soccer and track in 9th grade. By then all I wanted to do was skateboard

As soon as I got diabetes in 5th grade I used that shit to get out of organized sports pretty quickly. I was on varsity tennis in highschool though

Abolish organized sports

5 Likes

asthma, as well as ā€œasthmaā€, got me out of a lotttt of gym class

oh, weā€™re doing floor hockey today? i think iā€™m breathing just fine as a matter of fact. but if weā€™re doing ā€œthe mileā€ next time, count me out

4 Likes

Heard the name but not the music. Sister and brother in law took me to 12/2/06 at Nokia theater. Damn that place had great acoustics. I said theyā€™re pretty good! And almost got kicked out for smoking a bowl at setbreak. Been rooting for them ever since.

1 Like

I was terrible at baseball myself. I was literally the worst player on my little league team and I think the only reason I was on the team was because my dad was the coachā€™s boss.

However, Iā€™ve always been a good bowler

2 Likes

Junior year of high school in 07 or 08 the drummer from pigeons told me to listen to Live at the Murat and now 15 years later Iā€™m a total loser

5 Likes