The Beatles

i hope he’s got some new footage/interviews and a fresh take. love the beatles, tired of the same old perspectives on the times, the band and the music.

That’s the whole point of the project. He got all the raw footage from the Let it Be film and is re editing it. Says it’s telling a much more positive story than the original film and it’s gonna end up being 3 2 hour installments. Tons of unseen stuff in that trailer alone

1 Like

it’s not really a positive story though. i’m cautiously optimistic, but nothing about that time period was good except the music. how he handles Billy Preston’s contributions will be very telling.

I think the point they’re trying to get across is that the classic narrative of that time wasn’t actually what it was like in the room. We just know about it from the original film

2 Likes

so because Peter Jackson does a re-edit, we should believe his revisionist version of the story that he’s also coincidentally selling for profit? docs like this with an obvious point of view should be met with skepticism. why is he suddenly a credible voice on the topic?

Because Paul and Ringo said “that’s not what it was like, let’s redo it”? Idk, it’s not like he just found the footage

4 Likes

ringo is pulling the strings

1 Like

but Paul and Ringo weren’t the only members of the band and crew , so who gives a fuck if they think the story hasn’t been told correctly. i’m not saying write this new thing off, just that you have to take it with a grain of salt.

Tbh Idrgaf about the narrative. I’m just excited for tons of new Beatles footage.

3 Likes

This. @ApostropheTH jesus christ dude lmfao

4 Likes

GATEKEEPING THE BEATLES LMFAO

4 Likes

what’s your problem? i was talking to opsop. fuck off.

gatkeeping? nah. just talking. siyd.

bro is putting his fist down as an authority figure on the fucking beatles. get a grip @ApostropheTH, it ain’t that serious.

3 Likes

did i though? don’t think i did. if you think i did, then you really need some help with constructive confrontation. your 30’s and 40’s are gonna be tough.

7 Likes

le sigh.

you seem like you need a nap old man, your 60’s and 70’s are gonna be rough if you don’t get proper rest and also chill the fuck out about beatles documentaries.

1 Like

another top bit of the bort is when @ApostropheTH tries to talk down to us like he’s talking to his children. fuck off clown take your life lessons and shove it up ya butt.

1 Like

Ftfy

2 Likes