The Beatles

Some of the best acoustic Beatles stuff is on the white album imo

1 Like

See and im just not a huge fan of the beatles acoustic stuff, overall, i don’t think. Rocky Raccoon is by far my least favorite Beatles song. Idk why, but that song just irks me lol. Everybody’s Got Something To Hide is definitely in the top 10-15 or so of favorite Beatles songs though.

And also, back to Revolver, I’ve always thought For No One was one of the saddest songs ever written. That one has torn me up multiple times throughout my life lol.

Lastly, can anyone help me figure out what the hell the instrument is being played at the beginning of Baby, You’re a Rich Man? That weird synthy/sequencer solo right at the beginning. I’ve always wondered and have never been able to find anything on it

All Things Must Pass is the best solo album from any Beatles member. Ive always thought that Wah Wah would be a great cover choice for UM with horns.

1 Like

Wikipedia credits John Lennon on Clavioline for that track. Found this:

3 Likes

Damn. I love the acoustic stuff. Mother Nature’s Son, Julia, I Will are all top tier Beatles songs imo

1 Like

very cool! thats an awesome video

Idk how easy it is to find/if it’s streaming anywhere, but the anthology series is an amazing watch for any beatle fan

3 Likes

John Lennon on the Orange

2 Likes

Yep, RAM is also one of my favs. Monkberry Moon Delight is a banger of a song, just Paul trying to be Chuck Berry. Three Legs and House in the Country also really resonate with me

Paul’s last 20 or so years of solo stuff have been surprisingly great. Chaos and Creation in the Backyard is particularly great, laid back, Paul

Calico Skies from Flaming pie also makes me want to have kids. Im so glad to have caught sir Paul Twice. Last year he put on a like a three hour show, and he was 76 I think at the time. Incredible

1 Like

Yep. Fantastic album. It’s almost like a Beatles epilogue because you can hear the different Beatles eras on the album since it’s like eight years of George material.

It’s insane that he was 27 when that record came out. Such a mature album

it kills me when i hear about ages of musicians when they put out monumental albums now that im older/30. George released All Things Must Pass when he was 27. Its like, wtf was I doing when I was 27?? Fuckin barely makin my bills on time, that’s for sure lol.

1 Like

Mike Tyson was heavyweight world champion age 20.

Listening to some Beatles today. Revolver is probably my favorite…not the American version tho

1 Like

“Icky Thump” by the White Stripes also features the clavioline.

funny story about george harrison and phil collins.

8 Likes

Pretty excited for this:

7 Likes

is this the peter jackson doc? (can’t watch trailer rn)

edit: nevermind it is. GONNA BE SICK

3 Likes

Damn I’m hyped. This looks awesome

2 Likes