Summer 2022 Tour Dates

Goose = pop jam. Seems to be a breakthrough genre in the scene. I always considered UM the closest thing to it before them. Im guessing Pop sells harder than anything else. Then add in 4-5 song sets for the improv heads.

1 Like

Do you guys think UM’s popularity is declining?

8 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

As much as I have enjoyed seeing UM in tiny ass venues I’d no question prefer they succeed and blow up and could see success like Goose has. They’re my favorite band and especially now that I’m somewhat satisfied with only seeing them a few times a year it would be great to see them play the venues they want to play with big crowds.

Bring on DUMB tour. I think I agree with the sentiment it would be great for both bands.

5 Likes

Goose is playing 4-5 song sets?

1 Like

Oh man. If you haven’t read it yet. Read this ENTIRE thread.

1 Like

Yeah. Fairly often.

1 Like

they’re hot tea in the kitchen, honey on your spoon.

1 Like

Dont do it @Pookells

4 Likes

Too late

6 Likes

See you on the other side

3 Likes

Damn. Good for them.

5 Likes

I think COVID may play into a little bit, but that’s not the main driver. We all know this. All I know is that the people at the Anthem on Friday were not concerned! Masks were required and I’d say 90% of the people, especially the floor, were mask less the whole show.

WSP sold out their three shows here last weekend, though I saw they were doing last minute ticket releases somehow. On Friday it was fairly packed at first but a lot of space opened up for the second set. I could also count on one hand the number of masks I saw. UM in Raleigh wasn’t much better in that regard despite it being technically required.

I think it’s definitely playing a role for the 50+ crowd but Billy and Goose are 75% of the attendance issues I would say

1 Like

DUMB would be great. I’m not convinced that this is going to be the success that some people think it will be, though. They’re not going to sell out 5000 capacity venues. I’m not sure how much business sense this makes. But I’m here for it and will attempt to hit a show or two if it happens.

3 Likes

This is where I’m at. Not convinced that it’s the case nor that it would boost sales that much. The overlap is pretty big

75% is an over reach. UM has always had plenty of other drug bands to compete with. Even when phish came off hiatus in 2009 they still had continuous growth.

This is a good point. Anecdotally the only people I know that would be attending one of their shows would also be the only people I know attending the other bands shows