Sturgill Simpson

Came here to say that I fucking loved Vol 2…more so than Vol 1, actually. Love this flavor of Sturgill so much

1 Like

Listened to Sound and Fury for the 1st time. I have a buddy who loves it, but at least on 1st listen I can’t say the same. Like Ops said, it’s definitely interesting, but halfway through the album I was pretty much done with the wash of droning guitars and heavily compressed nearly distorted vocals. I feel like that works for him here and there and adds to the uniqueness of his sound, but so much “noise” for lack of a better word on the same album isn’t why I like his songs.

I just wanna see him live. Really bummed that Covid cancelled the sturgill/Childers show

3 Likes

I am so glad I saw him at Hinterland when he came, it was just next level. It was just a 3 piece cause their organ player was sick. And it was just a throw down. “Get you a corn dog bitches!” As he was ripping the stage before waking off. Was just spectacular.

We had tickets for Sturg and Ty and the newer venue in MN… still hurts.

1 Like

This sounds pretty cool:

Looking forward to checking it out. Two colored vinyls available too if it’s good.

8 Likes

Sounds awesome. I’m excited.

fuck Scott Adams but I still like Dilbert

1 Like

Day early drop/leak of the new record. Give it a few minutes to finish uploading

5 Likes

Gracias, stoked to throw this on first thing tomorrow morning

Thanks for this! I don’t know if it’s just me but the flacs seem distorted. m4a’s sound fine though.

just you. Shamrock.flac and Go In Peace.flac are :fire:

Can’t wait to listen to this tmw as soon as I wake up.

2 Likes

I am loving this album

1 Like

Had a lot on my mind during my first listen on my commute this morning, so definitely need to give it another listen while paying more attention. But initial recations were that it was great.

Love it but LOL that intro. I don’t wanna listen to that again.

Pretty cool that he got Willie Nelson to play on Juanita.

1 Like
1 Like

It is a concept album after all, so does set the stage, but ya not a particularly great track.

Gonna give the album many more listens for sure, but it’s a little sleepy for me. He’s really leaning into the classic country era.

I’ve always wondered if he’d go back on that 5 album thing. Don’t think I’d ever heard him say he wanted to be in a band of equals but I’ll be curious to see if that comes about and what it looks like

1 Like