Steven Wilson

Well that was a fun show

3 Likes

Show last night was great and I’m so thankful my travel plans worked out for me to fit this in. First time at Auditorium and even though we were high up, it sounded great. Steven wasn’t feeling well and had some difficulty singing and hitting the high notes. Hopefully it clears up for y’all out west.

Goddamn. This is the first time I’ve seen Gavin live. That man is a monster.

Spoilers

Overall I was very happy with the setlist. Was great to see Last Chance, Anesthetize, Blackest Eyes, and the new stuff.

A little disappointed to see Sleep Together and Even Less. They’re great songs but he was playing those on his solo shows.

Also a little disappointed that there wasn’t anything pre Stupid Dream. Would have loved a Sky Moves Sideways, Up the Downstair, or Radioactive Toy.

1 Like

Not gonna read the spoilers, but yeah Gavin is insane. Really excited

1 Like

Just saw the Milwaukee show. Incredible! I’d like to also add that the videos that went with the songs were really done and, in a couple of cases, managed to give me a deepened, high-impact perspective on songs I’ve been listening to for decades. Cool stuff.

Steven was still sick tonight, and was a bit nervous about it, but after a couple of off moments early was almost perfect the rest of the way.

The amount of instrument changes these guys have to do to keep up with the material and make it all sound authentic to the albums is really cool to watch.

Despite that poor looking screenshot, the lower level at Milwaukee looked pretty solidly filled with close to 700-800 people at least tonight. Balconies were sparser but added 200-300 more. Everyone stood the whole show on the lower level, which I was not expecting! Definitely makes for a more fun experience for me.

1 Like

Pumped for the show tonight. Hope Steven’s over his illness.

2 Likes

That was a tough first set for Steven. He was dealing with some sort of technical issue with his electric rig and they paused for several minutes between songs two or three times trying to work it out. Not sure how something to that degree crops up between soundcheck and the show. They ended up taking most of the set break to fix it.

Otherwise, the show was great. Pretty happy with most of the material but would appreciate some other albums also getting attention (trying to avoid spoilers). In any case most of it was still new for me live since there were only two repeats from the one time I saw his solo band.

Spoiler

Anesthetize was my biggest highlight. Worked out great that it was in the second set.

1 Like

It’s finally ptree day!!

4 Likes

Does that mean we can stop with spoiler tags? Or is someone else saving themselves? @AlexTheDictator?

1 Like

Pretty sure he’ll be at the show tonight too. So can stop after tonight. Thanks for indulging me

1 Like

Have fun!

1 Like

Thoughts and prayers

3 Likes

They don’t do any show specific merch, right?

Pretty sure it’s all full tour

2 Likes

Spoiler: get there early for merch. The line in NY for merch pretty much wrapped around the entire RCMH

I heard it was super long in Denver too. I stopped by near the end of the show and perhaps some stuff was sold out but there was nothing I really wanted.

1 Like

So stoked. Love when shows are a two block walk away too.

1 Like

Well that was fucking sick. Crowd was way into it. I already liked the new album but those songs were some of the highlights of the show for me.

1 Like

Amazing show. Band is so fucking tight, Gavin is insane, and that music just hits so hard live.

Definitely agree with all of this. I managed to avoid pretty much all the spoilers (thanks guys), so I went in pretty much sight unseen and was stoked to see Blackest Eyes, FOABL, and Anesthetize (probably my fav PT song. Middle section was so fucking intense). I can’t tell if Sleep Together is a fan favorite or if it’s just a song that Steven really likes, but I’m not a huge fan, and could’ve done without it, especially having seen him play it in a solo show. I was also kinda surprised at the almost total lack of Deadwing material.

Overall really liked the setlist and am just really happy I got to see them. Never expected to

3 Likes

Psyched for ya man. I knew you’d love it.

Biggest highlights for me were Buying New Soul, Aenesthesize, Chimera, and Walk the Plank. I enjoyed the new album at release but the live show really amplified my appreciation for those songs. They were all incredible live.

Agreed on Sleep Together. It’s not my favorite song but I’ll admit it’s a banger live. I’d have liked to see another song from that era in that spot instead like perhaps Normal or Cheating the Polygraph.

The one selection off deadwing is definitely not what would be my first pick. I’d have loved a Mellotron Scratch , Glass Arm, or Open Car instead of Halo but Halo is still cool.

Next tour (if it ever happens) I’d love to see some old school selections like Stranger by the Minute, Waiting (Phase One) , or Disappear.

2 Likes

I’d love to hear a full Sky Moves Sideways