Spafford - Take It Into Double Time!

After seeing how well Lotus made a massive transition like Tim taking over for Rempel, I’m looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Big changes aren’t necessarily a bad thing. Especially for me who was never crazy about Spafford to begin with.

3 Likes

I’m listening to 9/24 with Corey. It’s pretty good. We don’t know how much notice he had to practice, but it’s good fine for someone that hadn’t been touring with them.

I’m very curious if the show with Corey was like a tryout. Intentionally. I have zero evidence of that, but I could not help but wonder.

Nick left only to return a couple years later. Not saying the circumstances mirror each other, but I wouldn’t be shocked if the same thing happens here. Wishful thinking, maybe, but as with anything it’s tough to stay away from something you’ve been so passionate about for so many years.

1 Like

I’m definitely not optimistic about Red’s return. Obviously never say never, but it seems when the reason is to spend more time with family that it might really be the end for Red.

2 Likes

yeah, especially since he’s 5-10 years older than the rest of the band too.

3 Likes

I think you mean the Nick/Cam transition. Cam/Nick, not so much! :grimacing:

So much blissful art that will live on in his name!

You never know who plays keys?

Just curious, but If you weren’t crazy about spafford before now, what makes you think bringing someone new on will change your mind? I would assume it’s BMo and Jorby who you don’t like? I’ve never heard anyone ever say Red sucks and is reason why I don’t like spafford

2 Likes

This is fucking heartbreaking. Still in shock

4 Likes

:people_hugging:

3 Likes

:people_hugging:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=99j0zLuNhi8

2 Likes

Going back to some things we’ve discussed (or that I’ve said) recently in this thread, Spafford doesn’t seem to have that much of a unique sound. They’re all solid musicians, but nothing that makes them stand out among other bands in the scene. Perhaps a different keyboardist would bring their own flair and bring what seems to be lacking in my eyes.

2 Likes

Didn’t come here expecting this. Blows. He sings some of my favorite songs and was looking forward to seeing them in the winter.

2 Likes

Hugely bummed. RIP Spafford for sure, it makes me so sad to think about how this band has shaken out since Cam left. I just dont feel any big drive from them anymore and feel like they barely even tour when they should be getting in as many dates as they can at this point in their career. And then Brian has a kid. And then Jordan has a kid. And then Red leaves.

RIP Spafford. It was super fun.

3 Likes

Cory is All In. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Jamband workout seems to be mossing

1 Like

Cory likes to cry

Anyone at the show last night? Watched a bit of the stream. Cam and Jordan on drums? Is this a thing?
https://youtu.be/8WIBISwCtQs