Spafford - Take It Into Double Time!

for like a 1/2 a day even! Great hangs, good show, and I’m absolutely crushing “looking busy” at work right now.

3 Likes

RIP Spafford

4 Likes

Yep. Came here to repost

2 Likes

Makes you wonder what @cshore said to him to turn him off from touring.

9 Likes

Pandemic pretty much buried them as is, but losing their best song writer > singer > and great improv leader is unrepairable. This band just cant figure it out. Was a fun run. Im sure his replacement will be fine, but its just not the same.

3 Likes

that’s why he’s so quiet in the mix, seamless transition for the new keyboardist.

my best friend’s cousin was good buddies with Red at NIU. took him to his first Phish show way back in the day.

2 Likes

At least we have Goose!

1 Like

Thank the Good Lord Billy Strings, we have Goose!

Fuck, that’s a bummer man. I love Red.

But if the Cam/Nick transition taught us anything, they will be just fine.

“Let’s play more shows together!”

Bummer to lose Red. thought he sounded great the other weekend and he’s the coolest dude. I wonder if Cory Schectman who subbed for him a few months ago is gonna step in. I get the “not the same” argument but Cory is a great player so that would be a cool replacement.

4 Likes

what if they poached your keyboard player?

They don’t have the balls

2 Likes

They know I am trained in over 700 ways to kill a man with just my bare hands alone

3 Likes

Don’t infringe on my right to arm bears

1 Like

Yeah, Im sure improv will be fine which will still be fun to keep up on, but not having Red for songs like Slip and Squander, My Road, Beautiful Day, Comfortable etc… Just not the same.

3 Likes

It’s all their fault.

1. Changed drummers again.
  2. Caused a pandemic.
  3. Let Goose be superior in every way.
3 Likes

They dug their own grave the moment they let Goose open for them in 2018

Changing drummers and keyboard players? What are they, Squeaky Feet?

7 Likes

Next thing we know BMoss and @cshore are gonna trade places

1 Like

I think this is different. Nick had already been in the band before. Red was the best singer, improv leader and song writer they have. Gonna be costly

Huge huge bummer

7 Likes