Screamo/Harcore/Metalcore thread

My second ex in high school was super into The Bled so naturally so was I. Can’t say I know much of their catalog outside of their first album but that one was pretty decent for the time.

Also, I recall Ed Gein and The Red Chord getting a lot of play in my jeep while getting baked at lunch time next to the school.

Some homegrown talent from Western Mass. Used to see these guys all the time back in the day. This album and The Dead Walk were in constant rotation. I don’t think I listened to anything after those albums.

3 Likes

They were the last metal show I went to like two years ago. Still heavy as fuckkkk.

I need to get back into going to more metal shows.

1 Like

Another blast from the past lmao.
Going old school today with Slip by Quicksand. All time classic posthardcore.

1 Like

Anyone ever get into Glassjaw? I had a couple close friends that swear by them way back when but I couldn’t tell ya anything about them.

Yes. They’re fantastic.

I’ll add em to the list then.

Fuck I really need to get a Spotify

Worship and Tribute is their best album IMO. Their vocals can be kind of annoying at times but I really do love their first two records.

Also, I remember Arsonists get all the girls being pretty big too? Anyone shed some light on them also.

StayGold on the old bort was huge into em. He turned me onto em.

Yup Their debut was really good as well, IIRC. Very raw and emotional. The building blocks!

1 Like

Was just reminded of this band I loved at the heights of my screamo phase

The colors EP (not on streaming services) is some wild glassjaw as well. Love that band forever

1 Like

One band I never got the hype about was killswitch. I guess I never really gave them a real chance but from what I remember they could never really get my attention.

:man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

Same.

Oh sick a hardcore thread. I can get down with the emo/screamo side too. I was a big Senses Fail fan back in the day and finally got to see them live at Warped Tour a couple years ago and they were still damn solid and played a great setlist.

If you want some disgustingly brutal mathcore/grindcore/hardcore, you gotta go with The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza

https://youtu.be/rEZeAXX5w0Q

1 Like

Not quite.

2 Likes

I like their holy diver cover, but that’s about it. His voice is not for me.

Ok sick glad it’s not just me that couldn’t get into them.

Threw on All Shall Perish on the way to work today. Forgot how sick their first album is.

Never clicked for me - dont like grind in general. Too much for yer boi.
Also, you said Senses Fail - I always confused them with Shadows Fall lmao. I will check out Senses Fail on my walk today.

This is gonna sound gatekeep-y and shitty, but they always seemed like poser metal to me (similar to our shared interest, Avenged Sevenfold).

2 Likes

Hahah I loved Tony Danza, I saw them live with Psyopus and it was fucking soooo wild.

Love you brought up Shadows Falls. The Art of Balance was/is a great record if only for their cover of Welcome To The Machine.

Poser metal, love it. Agreed for sure.

1 Like