Screamo/Harcore/Metalcore thread

Let me know if it does. Might have just not been in the mood that day or something because I used to love that album.

Ah man!!! Fear before the March of flames was so tight! Forgot about them, thanks!!!

1 Like

I want to say I had a Hellfest dvd that had them on it and I was like ā€œthese guys are fucking wildā€¦ so into itā€.

I got heavily into The Blood Brothers too. Not really the same but still pretty out there. I saw them open for coheed and it was great. I left during the headliner.

1 Like

Skycamefalling is someone this thread just put in my brain for the first time in a long time. They became the sleeping which were not quite as good as SCF.

Weird how much Daughters changed their sound

I KNOW!!! I have a coworker that is absolutely in love with them and I told him I used to listen to them back in ā€¦ 04/05ish and he was like, oh god yeah no they are waaaayyyy different now.

Agrees on the new Boundaries album. I gave this a spin over the weekend and really enjoyed it.

The new Brokenrail is really good too.

Same. Havent listened to them in ages. This is some serious nostalgia in here. Lovin it.

After listening back, it does kinda suck lol. The main appeal like you said is the rawness of the recording.

1 Like

Yeah dude! Thatā€™s what it was for me too. I was so hyped it on being all done live and the vocalist had just left Norma Jean right after Bless the Martyr so maybe all that factored into me thinking itā€™s a great album.

1 Like

Love this album

1 Like

Hit me with some more nostalgia albums for you boys. Iā€™m firing through so much early 2000ā€™s shit right now and loving it.

I would say too bad youā€™re beautiful by from autumn to ashes but it does NOT hold up

IDK if it falls within the genres here, but Relationship of Command by At the Drive-In has been hittin different recently.

2 Likes

I remember The Agony Scene being really good. I saw them open for Trivium and 3 inches of blood and had a fucking blast.

Also, Iā€™m kinda ashamed to admit it (not really) but I was huge into Avenged Sevenfold. Sounding the seventh trumpet and waking the fallen I wore the fuck out of when I discovered them freshman year.

As I lay dyings first album still hits hard. 94 hours is such a great track to open with.

1 Like

This is why weā€™re online pals.

1 Like

I SAID NICE ONE!!! Honestly these guys got me out of my punk phase and into more of a metalcore/hardcore stint. I was pretty into AFI and Samhain but it was super corny so these guys were talented and crony. Perfect.

Also, I got way too into Tiger Army than I would like to admit also. I know they were psychobilly but damn if they didnā€™t make some good stuff back then.

Love that album, saw them on their reunion tour and it slayed

Gotdang. I think I saw them with Alkaline Trio or something at the Metro in high school. Now I may listen to them later today lol.

I badly wanted to, especially because The Mars Volta 4/20/08 show at the Aragon is one of my favorite shows ever.

1 Like

Alkaline was another that I just could never get into back then. Might give it a try now that I am a little more seasoned.

I remembered another band that played a big role in my formative years right before I passed out but canā€™t think of them right now. Hate when that happens. Iā€™ll Deff post when I remember :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

1 Like