Screamo/Harcore/Metalcore thread

Senses Fail is more on the poppier end of screamo but definitely loved them for a time, especially the first two albums. They recently re-recorded their first album. Worth a listen imo

1 Like

Yeah! I actually threw that on a few weeks ago. Cool to hear it with better production

Shadows Fall was another staple for me growing up. Art of Balance and War Within were worn the fuck out in my early teens. I was 13-14 when I brought in the Art of Balance CD to my guitar teacher so he could figure out Thoughts Without Words and teach it to me. Ah, the days of having to figure out the riffs by ear instead of looking it up online. Or maybe we’d get lucky and Guitar World would have the song tabbed out in the back of a magazine. Pretty sure the intro to the title track was the first time I really tried to use a Wah pedal.

I wonder if that lead singer has cut his dreads yet. I always though his neck was gonna snap one day from the weight of swingin those things around on stage.

1 Like

Seriously… the way he whipped those things around onstage he had to have neck problem down the line. Great band!

I have and always will love these guys. Their demo got constant play when I was in high school and their first full length is just as good. I believe when they broke up they ended up taking on a more blackened death metal sound which I am still all about.

Rise Records is doing $10 LP’s for Black Friday

1 Like

Nice find. I don’t think I know more than 3 or 4 artists on there though

If you like blackened hardcore/rock n roll stuff, Kvelertak is fucking sick. They shred super hard.
Also PUP isnt any of the genres in here, but they make some super sick punk.

Found some old flyers and ticket stubs last night while rummaging through some memento boxes.

2 Likes

Man that Darkest Hour show looks nuts

Darkest Hour, BTBAM and Cattle Decap in one show would be so fucking sick. Those are three of my favorites

2 Likes

Yeah holy fucking shit and Fear Before right after they released Art Damage which is by far my favorite album? Sign me up.

2 Likes

I definitely went to some sick shows back then!!

1 Like

Norma Jean meets Slipknot vibes

1 Like

FUCKKK I was about to bump this thread today.

Anyone get into Zao? Its kinda weird… this chick I met while on E (who had some amazing tits btw) that was friends with some of mine always talked about them. Never listened to them, ever… but there is a church not too far from where I live thats name is Zao.

Whatever, I miss her boobs.

1 Like

I remember hearing and finding them pretty meh. Cringey Christian metalcore

All about boobs though

They were pretty fucking great man.

She also had a Converge tattoo on her chest. I need to find a pic.

Hardcore milkers.

A+

I miss banging hardcore broads. The tatts, the aggression… woof.

What a time to be alive.

2 Likes

Big truth

But some of the girls I knew reeeeaaally relied on makeup…

Oh shit yeah they did. Im pretty sure I dated a hXc chick that put cover up on her arms.

2 Likes

those are some heavy hangers