Sacred Rose Festival

I haven’t been in the Midwest during the summer since I did Peoria>Indy>Louisville in 2016. Forgot how awful they can be.

1 Like

agreed. you don’t want to miss the

show

5 Likes

You really think Umphrey’s is going to mail it in at the inaugural version of headiest festival since the first Lockn’ in a market they called home for years? Do you even know the boys? If I learned anything from the acid I ate while seeing this band it was that you shouldn’t underestimate them. They are resilient and I can tell they are getting their groove back stella style.

1 Like

we’ll see if they throw down in the 1,000 capacity Vic first.

but to answer your question, yes, yes I do.

2 Likes

Lol, I want some of this acid please. Like, I’m still excited to see um, but jaded enough to accept that they’ll phone it in at fest sets

3 Likes

Yikes

I have high expectations for um s2, with the competition of Goose tribe biscuits and Lotus already over with. Everyone will be going to that set to cap the night.

1 Like

Honestly I’d wager that the festival show is the better of the two. People are going to go into that Vic show with too high of expectations expecting bustouts and they are going to get AFAF in its entirety that night.

And @DiabetesCOLE , I got you fam. Been eating burner acid this last year. Gotta make it there one year, but going to Dick’s again this Labor Day.

1 Like

Laser dome is the only reason I’m even considering it

2 Likes

I’ll be going to OL s1 for sure

2 Likes

Sounds like they are editing set times anyways, which I think is annoying, so who knows what the new overlaps will be anyways

1 Like

Luckily for him, @DiabetesCOLE is going to be in CO labor day weekend (and considering a night of Phish)

2 Likes

You’re right if anything it would be wiser to skip UM set 1, as set 2 will probably be incredible.

Especially after this last show in Delaware, I feel like they’re dialing in more

1 Like

I’ll be in denver for nin on 9/2 and either looking to do Saturday dicks or night two of nin at RR. We gotta meet up and hang for sacred rose and/or this though. Long hair hippies unite!

1 Like

Umphreys played dear prudence as a late night encore at high sierra music fest. I fully expect them to play a shitty festival set regardless of how stacked the lineup is. With all of the heady jam bands playing I wouldn’t be surprised for them to lean heavily on new songs and “heavy metal” shit to subvert expectations.

3 Likes

Oh really, we’re did you see the set edit times?

Basically, everyone tweet Joel a bunch to have him write the set list and throw the fuck down on yams

1 Like

I was there and bitched about that so much at the time on social media, the Bort, wherever anyone would listen. It was the weekend I decided to focus on the Biscuits more in my life. That only lasted until Holidaze in December when Umphrey’s redeemed themselves with that Kabump and I was back with the boys again. I know at Camp Bisco in 2007 they played Wizard Burial Ground and people commented on how they brought metal to an untz fest. I just don’t see that happening at Sacred Rose. I don’t see it happening at String Summit either. The band is going to go out and be professionals and play the best show they can for that evening. And I just have a hunch we are going to get a good one at Sacred Rose. I also think String Summit might be dope but I’m not trying to have to high of expectations just happy to see them there after two cancelled dates in the past.

2 Likes

If you go on their FB, they made a post a couple days ago about how they are in talks with different artists about editing set times, and they are trying to come up with a better solution to the tribe/goose overlap. Which is completely unnecessary, and will probably just end up fucking Umphreys over since they are the only band with two sets.

They literally released the schedule the day they released tickets. We’ve already come to terms with what the time slots are. And Tribe fans dont give a fuck about Goose. It will also be dumb if they just start and delay sets by 15-20 minutes, which will just be used as walking stage to stage anyways.

3 Likes

It’s gonna be sick when they bring the Palmer squares onstage for a plot thickens bust out.

4 Likes