Sacred Rose Festival

But will there be a laser dome?

3 Likes

Met Ben at the 2020 Biscuits Riv run. Got him in touch with a buddy who books at the Magic Stick in Detroit since they never ever play Detroit let alone MI, and things fell apart quickly. OL asks for way more $ then what they can realistically draw.

1 Like

Sounds like Umphrey’s brah.

What were they looking for? $10K?

No idea. I just kept following up really hoping things would work out and was disappointed in the end result. Makes sense since they really do never play shows on the reg.

We should see if they’ll play a late night next time Umphrey’s comes through Detroit. My buddy Andy is from the west burbs and is really good friends with them. Although he’s like all Biscuits these days, I bet he’d come back to Detroit to see the folks along with some Umphrey’s. He would be a good point of contact for another attempt to book them.

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Listening to Orchard Lounge today and around 1h12m in this set they play that Kate Bush song from the latest season of Stranger Things.

:wook: :wook: :wook:

4 Likes

I been listening to them most of the day, it rocks.

Love Andy. Been so long since we’ve run into each other. Send him my best next time y’all talk.

2 Likes

Y’all eastern Michigan boys are a good bunch. I’ve hung with Andy a few times. He’s a fun guy and super tight with the OL crew.

1 Like

Nothing on western MI though tbh

1 Like

I stayed with some Western Michigan kids in Missoula in 2014 and I kept telling them the Western Michigan jam scene was JV league to the Eastern Michigan scene. If you live in Michigan, Grand Rapids seems to be more jam friendly than Detroit these days, but at the time I pissed this girl off quite a bit who thought I was serious. I know a lot of cool Umphrey’s fans from Detroit, but I also grew up on the eastside so I have a lot of bias.

1 Like

I’ve literally been to MI one time. I drove 12 hours to EF, sold a bunch of drugs, turned around and came back.

3 Likes

Never made it to Rothbury or EFF but you should check out Detroit sometime. That is a good city to party in. The east side of the state, mainly metro-Detroit, has a lot of redeeming qualities. It was a solid place to grow up.

1 Like

Detroit has a lot more to offer than just jambands, that said there is a nice collection of wooks up here.

2 Likes

Each day I’m considering more and more to go to OL’s second set instead of UM’s second set.

3 Likes

I feel like um set 1 is gonna be standard festi bullshit, and set 2 will have some fire.

But like, let’s be honest, um will prolly blow both sets

1 Like

Bro don’t. There are only a few electronic acts I would go to over Umphrey’s. Apex Twin, Boards of Canada, and Kaytranada being the main three. Orchard Lounge is fun and a good time but they aren’t worth skipping the boys over.

1 Like

But laser dome (and air conditioning)

Actually, air conditioning is a great argument to skip the first UM set for OL depending on the weather.

3 Likes