Rockjavik: A 3 night run in Iceland

God no. Long live king winter.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be honest, after seeing pictures of The Truman in Kansas City, MO I thought this was a venue they were playing this tour

2 Likes

Keep checking the temps over there vs over here in the UP, I would gladly take the temps of mid 20s over there been negative double digits in the mornings latelyā€¦

Why are we still discussing this guy in every thread?

2 Likes

Because we have repeated jams. Oh and thread topics donā€™t actually matter

UM sucks now > argument about states > rueben sandwiches > Sultan > UM sucks again

4 Likes

The bort could probably exist with one type 2 thread.

2 Likes

That was said recently but I donā€™t know in what thread because -bort

4 Likes

Itā€™s just the nature of the new interface. Thereā€™s almost zero reason to ever go to the home page or specific sub-pages when Iā€™m just constantly filtered on the Latest view.

5 Likes

like wtf is this Iā€™ve never seen this in my life

2 Likes

:cry:

6 Likes

Tell him to EAD on live TV

4 Likes

We love you

5 Likes

FTFY

So whatā€™s everyone doing while there. Gonna try and do the whole south coast. Glacier cave hike, poss camper van a night or two.

The original plan was to go to Amsterdam but Covid restrictions seem decently tight. But I think in another month it will be way relaxed

Golden circle
Whale watching tour
Blue lagoon
Heading out to Vik for a night, hitting some waterfalls along the way
Ice cave hike

3 Likes

What whale watching company did you use? My wife is really interested

I was planning some whale watching too. Thereā€™s a tour that leaves from Reykjavik, it seemed like a good activity to do before one of the shows.

Highly recommend any of the glacier walk tours. Crazy experience

1 Like
1 Like
  • 3/23 - Depart Denver
  • 3/24-3/25 - Arrive Reykjavik, Drive to Snaefellsnes Peninsula and stay one night up there. Loop the peninsula and drive back to Reykjavik for UM.
  • 3/25-3/28 - Hang around Reykjavik and explore the city. 3 nights UM. Nothing set in stone, but might consider a whale watching trip or a day trip to Golden circle.
  • 3/28-3/31 - Drive along south coast hitting up most of the scenic spots. Will hit Golden circle on our way out of Reykjavik. Going as far as Jokulsarlon or maybe Hofn before turning around and heading back towards Reykjavik. Staying at a different spot along the coast each night.
  • 4/1 - Fly back to Denver, maybe hit Blue Lagoon before our flight.

Might also hit secret lagoon, either one of the days during the UM run or on the way out or back from South coast road trip. Going to leave things pretty open except for our lodging and play the rest by ear.

Threw together a google map with a bunch of pinned things to check out and all the places we had planned to stay in 2020. Havenā€™t updated it with our latest lodging (so good luck stalking us, fuckers), but weā€™re more or less doing the same route.

2 Likes