Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part 1)

Where did Speak Up originate from? Can’t find it in the repeat stews. I know they debuted it on NYE in '15, but I could have sworn it was on a Raw Stewage ballot for UMBowl that year

in that same vein, is there an accessible list of stews (repeated or not) which yielded songs?

I don’t think the means justify the ends. Funk DBK might be my least favorite thing UM has ever done and I have never heard anyone so much as rate it “meh.” Pure vitriol across the board.

There used to be. Might be able to find it on the wayback

That was one of the things I grabbed when the old bort popped back up for a few random hours one day after it was shut down for a few weeks.

https://mega.nz/folder/bwRUDATJ#wIyX2UU7J8jQI6KvqxN5EQ

I think I shared this on the old nubort (or whatever we’re calling that temporary one before we moved here), so you’ll probably find it in the database that root shared, too.

Somebody who will be more attentive than me at maintaining that repeated stew list should start that thread. In my opinion, that’s one of the best lists things to come out of the bort that I’ve seen.

@Sand_King started it on here, but I had ran it on the oldnubort, so I’m definitely down to run it if he’s not up for maintaining it.

1 Like

thanks guys, it is good to know i’m not crazy for having thought this was out there in some fashion

I posted it for purposes of posterity. I will defer to you as you seem much more knowledgeable than I at tracking the repeated stews.

1 Like

what spawned the query, was a friend asking about stews which became no comment as he is certain he had heard that tune long before the no comment debut.

No Comment was originally called Pop Tart and I should be in that repeated stew thread somewhere

1 Like

I made the original Repeated Stew list. I have zero desire to maintain that shit anymore, I did all the work that mattered hahahaha

2 Likes

Sounds good @Sand_King.

Correct, and for that I’m most appreciative

If you’re feeling meh about the lack of jams in tonight’s stream check out the Women Wine and Song from 12.30.05.

What are some super HQ Jamttachments? I’m really digging the St Augustin one on the HoF 2018. More recs would be much appreciated.

Super dig this jam. I was super dehydrated during the end of this set though. So for NYE, I wore a pair of those pants that unzip to shorts. Such a key move. I won.

1 Like

3/23/19

This is one of the most overrated jams in my opinion, never gotten the hype. I’ll throw it on this morning to see what I’m missing but I don’t get it.

Nerd.

1 Like

I’ve always loved it, but I must admit I haven’t heard it for a while. It fit into the FF jams that had been popping up since the February before.