Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part 1)

I’ve looked for my friends in it so many times but they’re nowhere to be found.

Those were my 3rd and 4th shows respectively, I was 17 at the time. 2/10/06 might be my favorite show of all time as well. It’s up there in a battle with the following Rave show, 11/4/06 :metal:. Such damn good times.

1 Like

+1 on 2/10/06 being a favorite ever and LOVE 11/4/06. I miss those days.

1 Like

I will fluff both of these shows til the day I die.

1 Like

I kick myself for not going to 2/10/06. Grew up 1-1.5 hours from Milwaukee and we somehow missed that this was happening. We all went to the 3/10/06 Chicago Theatre show but missed the boat on the Rave show. Yeah, we suck. Amateurs.

1 Like

I love 06. Listened to 10/6/06 straight through the other night. That show is phenomenal. One of my favorites from that year.

Love 06 as well. The 4/9-4/10 Petaluma back to back is chock full of really great stuff.

2 Likes

April 06 is a great month of UM. I need to revisit these shows. I love the “06 sound,” a lot. The boards sound good and the band is just so loose.

2 Likes

I saw every show the fall of '06 from moe down through New Years Eve with the exception of Dallas…I was deathly ill that day and no way in hell I could have gone to the show. That is why Pooh Doggie was my request for #400.

4 Likes

11/10/06 is the heat. Glad you went to all the other shows so you could stay warm.

You manage to hit your 100 Plunger before quarantine?

I’m at 98 Plungers. So disappointing. 2020 is going to be my first Plungerless year since 2003.

: ( sad

Yeah, I love the loose '03-'07 sound. I was on the road with the guys late '05 through the first half of '06 and April was just a ton fun, especially coming off Euro ter.

Check out night 2 Petaluma. Tahoe show cancelled so they just added Petaluma last second to play a show. Maybe 40 people set 1? Show is fun and loose af.

UM should cover black hole sun already

I feel like they did once. Maybe at a Kris birthday show?

4/5/08

4 Likes

Yeah, the Pageant! Was there for that one, was a fun show.

I asked Kris once if they’d do that one again and he said the band didn’t really like it.

Makes sense. It’s a great song, but it’s slow and simple.