Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part Poo)

Unplanned improv under 1hr > planned improv above 1hr

3 Likes

Breh you are gonna split hairs when there is a 57 minute song in a set that also has a 30 minute song, unplanned spur of the moment? When umphreys plays a 60 minute “improv set” that was half planned out? I love the Ringo but c’mon.

Let’s put it this way, the biscuits don’t need to make special sets to bring large improv.

3 Likes

UM even at their best was never a massive jam kind of band

3 Likes

Yeah but UM has done countless “unplanned improv under 1hr” in the last 10 years technically

2 Likes

According to @StoneJackBaller Ringo wasn’t an improv set so it counts

2 Likes

4 Likes

Yes but it did not cross the one hour threshold. Umphrey’s did (gonna stick with this bit)

1 Like

Alright someone tweet that to brownie I’m sure they’ll rectify that before the year is out

2 Likes

They might do a one song set tonight if someone did. So I’ll do it

3 Likes

You guys.

1 Like

Lol jfc @WhoDatVols

I thought you were better than this

5 Likes

60:01 and not a fucken second less!

1 Like

Why did you think that?

2 Likes

Idk I’m just a dumb redneck

4 Likes

I think the longest um jam I’ve seen was the 2009 Barrymore all in time. 29 mins I believe

1 Like

always had a bone to pick with this one, it has one of the longest AIT endings they’ve ever played.

jam starts at 3:30 and they go back into the song at 17:40, the track also ends at 27:30 with a minute and a half of crowd noise at the end. It’s definitely a long jam, but it’s super deceiving with that 29 minute track time.

6 Likes

I had Triangle Tear in my head the other day for some reason and it occurred to me I couldn’t recall hearing one recently. Turns out the LTP was 121 shows ago on 1/29/20. I don’t know how they kept Seasons around but not that one.

4 Likes

I think it’s technically difficult for them to pull off live, ala Educated Guess

Perhaps there’s a better example. EG is in regular rotation lol

5 Likes

Yep and I brought up Seasons because it’s played frequently despite sounding terrible live

1 Like