Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part Poo)

Does it?

Vocals are pretty bad IMO and last I heard Jake still couldnā€™t solo over it.

Also in contrast TT seemed to come across well live.

Oh ya Jake canā€™t solo over it for shit

Seasons was one of my favorite studio tracks off that album.

Would like to see Triangle Tear pop up more. Only caught it twice.

1 Like

I liked Seasons on the album. Just never thought itā€™s come across well live.

1 Like

Iā€™d have to go back and listen to any noteworthy versions, but generally I agree itā€™s a better studio song.

Seasons, Triangle Tear and Educated Guess all sound like theyā€™re cut from the same pop prog cloth and I donā€™t think any of them are that good live despite being strong studio tracks

8 Likes

I remember TT being pretty sloppy live was it not? Maybe it got better and I just never heard any later versions.

Triangle Tear ws really bad vocally but they never gave it much chance. Educated Guess they played a lot and I really like it live. The ending and heavy sections hit real hard. The first half of Seasons is kinda awkward live.

1 Like

Turns out I saw the last one. Had been sorta chasing it, so guess Iā€™m glad I did. Just put it on and the vox sound alright to me

Edit: guess I saw it twiceā€¦ :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Paging @Whinergetsnothing

Tā€™s & Pā€™s

I remember when Joel said TT was going to be one of the biggest UM songs they ever produced. Thatā€™s the main reason why Iā€™m so disappointed in that song.

5 Likes

Now itā€™s good bc like you said, they worked on it. Listen to the 1st few before they figured out the vocal harmoniesā€¦ if they didnā€™t just give up on TT it coulda been great. Plus EG occasionally gets a jam so its all that much better. Love that 10.30.2015 one so much, the juxtaposition of the uplifting jam with the heaviness of EG as a song is just so well done

P.S. I do enjoy the Rivera one w/ Strings and thatā€™s an early one

1 Like

It might be my favorite Um song since Mantis. Super 70s prog

1 Like

For some reason I canā€™t even hear it in my head. All I think of is Maybe Someday

Youā€™re way off, and hypocritical

8 Likes

I love Maybe Someday.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not afraid to tell you if youā€™re not afraid to ask

3 Likes

I need you to believe me that Iā€™m better than what youā€™ve seen

1 Like