Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part Pee)

Encore covers are great because it’s an excuse to leave early and beat the crowd

1 Like

The only covers i ever actually want at a show are the jam vehicles, tho. GFIB, MFF, WTWIRD, Hey 19, and Breath. Everything else i could do without.

3 Likes

7/8/11 Billie Jean

5 Likes

to bad they didn’t cover

8 Likes

UMs covers are mostly great. At times they’ve played too many of them. I think the balance has been better recently. I also wish they’d introduce more new covers than the same old. Feels like in recent years they haven’t debuted as many new ones, haven’t checked but that’s my gut feel

3 Likes

I will say it again, though. They should really bring back Voyager.

6 Likes

And Twilight Zone

13 Likes

And Fifth of Beethoven

11 Likes

I really enjoyed doing the Nokia in NYC back to back years (2009 & 2010) and getting Chromeo’s Bonafide Lovin’ and Phoenix’s Liztomania as debuts.

Also in 2008 it was pretty cool what they did on the West Coast tour in the winter with a new cover in the encore slot each night.

7 Likes

If they are going to play a cover straight forward i prefer the older instrumentals they would do like Mediterranean Sundance, Senor Mouse, Red, Meeting In The Aisle, Last Train Home, Lenny, etc.

5 Likes

SOYCD

1 Like
2 Likes

I only prefer covers that produce dance jams

5 Likes

loved that don’t stop til you get enough on new years 2008

2 Likes

because 11/2/11 BLBC is once in a lifetime shit.

2/25/22 was the best. …And Justice for All to end the show. Would you really prefer a 7 minute Much Obliged? (love MO, not hatin’)

1 Like

Dont forget that MO is going to go into the end of Bridgeless

3 Likes

Yeah exactly. That’s how a show should end lol

Here’s a cover encore that is an all timer IMO…

Encore: Nothing Too Fancy > In the Flesh? > Another Brick in the Wall > Nothing Too Fancy

2 Likes

2 Likes

I feel like the 04/05/08 JaJunk and 08/26/07 ITK are just as good as that BLBC. Those are the three elite UM encores, tho. 06/06/08 Hey 19 > N2F ending is also a heater.

3 Likes