Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part Pee)

Continuing the discussion from Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part Poo) - #10025 by NikoEstevan.

Previous discussions:

Bidenididthat.sticker

8 Likes

We’re running out of word play bowel movements here for thread titles.

1 Like

Oh wow, first thread with a 3.0

2 Likes

The show they’re streaming right now (3/27/09) has Joel on Jake side. When did he move to BB side, had to be shortly after that, right?

1 Like

Proud of us

1 Like

I wanna say post mantis tour, so like may 2009, but now I’m questioning whether Joel was Jake side when I saw them later that year

2 Likes

You’re probably right. Found Joel on BB side as early as NYE run 2009. Not searching anymore tonight. I’m GTB.

2 Likes

Pretty sure there was a blog post about it and I know I took video in burlington that november.

Edit: yep, checked the burlington videos and he’s BB side, so I’m saying post mantis tour

2 Likes

Yeah and BB allll the way out there on his own island. Hatless Jake! I enjoyed the show, never heard it. Lots of interesting segues. They were much more patient back then

1 Like

IIRC, the move became permanent during the Cincy > Dekalb > South Bend run in mid April ‘09

3 Likes

First show was Rothbury '09 and Joel was on BB side.

3 Likes

Yeah, he was still Jake side for the Nokia run where they played mantis in full. Pretty sure it was immediately following those shows

Yep. They actually did another configuration that weekend in the MW. Pretty sure it was Cincy. Joel furthest to left, then Stasik, then Bayliss, and then Jake. Was weird seeing BB and Jake next to each other.

1 Like

Feel like he moved BB side because they were playing Cem Walk II every few shows

1 Like

So nothings changed

2 Likes

The official reason was that Jake is the one doing the majority of the improv direction and it was easier for him to just look down the line rather than having to turn around to communicate with Joel

11 Likes

And it was all down hill from there…

2 Likes

Snark aside, its nice enjoying UM again. Not sure if they are legit better, or im just viewing it through different lenses, but ive been enjoying my recent UM binge.

3 Likes

They are less cock reliant, so it’s a breathe of fresh air

1 Like