Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part 1)

Never forget.

9 Likes

I’m thinking more like Cold Hotdog

3 Likes

So cringe

2 Likes

Frig this is awesome

1 Like

I mean they’re a prog band, they know what their fans like. I think they’d have made it more clear if there were going to be hard restrictions on something like that. Obviously I don’t expect some 10+min rock opera piece, but I would hope they don’t bat an eye at someone requesting multiple time signature changes and a key change or something, especially if that person also supplies the chord progressions.

If they knew what their fans liked they wouldn’t have made so many bad albums the past 15 years

4 Likes

I’d argue jam bands don’t give a fuck about what their fans like…it’s about the music and evolving as musicians, not mass appeal.

They may know what the fans like but their recent songwriting would suggest they don’t give a shit

4 Likes

Their studio work has trended towards mass appeal though

UM has “evolved” from being a band that wrote musically interesting songs to being your dad’s favorite background music

2 Likes

That’s an interesting period of time to go with

I mean if I wasn’t just generalizing I’d say “post mantis”. As it stands in the past 15 years the band has put out 2 good albums 5 not so good albums (studio)

I will take that, for sure. $100 down!

So funny. I brought “Theresa” up to Kevin when I found out about this.

(Although, I should point out that this is the “production” of a completely new composition rather than naming Raw Stewage. Not that it makes much of a difference here, lol.)

15 Likes

What was his response?

Literally the first thing I thought of too lol

1 Like

raffle

Raffle song incoming. Really blew it using “It’s You” as a title for a release already.

4 Likes

JFC UM really should just crowd source their management

1 Like

What amount would the Bort put on a raffle ticket that would be “fair”? Like, how much a chance? “One for X and three for Y.”

1 Like

I dono, maybe something like this:

$10 for 1
$25 for 3
$50 for 7

I’d personally probably only spend $10.

4 Likes