Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part 1)

This record has it all! A nonsensical title, a stock image album cover and the same canned intros you have been hearing since 2009!

13 Likes

This album is going to have the best flow.

5 Likes

god damnit this band is so fucking lame

7 Likes

Gonna bring it down to lift off in blast off mode

1 Like

Are they at least gonna be like expanded and have some sort of sonic resolution? Or will they literally just peak and peak over and over again?

6 Likes

I keep staring at this title wondering how a group of people could possibly agree upon that

Then again the same people agreed to record an album full of intros

7 Likes

Stefan, what is a “human gurgle”?

3 Likes

So it’s an STS9 tribute album?

12 Likes

I love this

I love umohreys

1 Like

I’ll take a ahot to that!

5 Likes

True. But that was a dumb idea. As an example I love Metallica but hate St. Anger and Lulu

1 Like
5 Likes

You take that back!!

2 Likes

It’s removed now. I’m officially a leaker

7 Likes

Congratulations.

3 Likes

I must be literally the only person on here who thinks the intros are interesting musically and that this could be a cool instrumental album. 🤷

Album title and art are comically bad tho

13 Likes

This is pretty much where im at. I dont absolutely hate the idea of hearing studio cuts of these “songs” but the way this is presented is, like you said, comically bad.

But it also does need to be said that technically we’re already hating on something that hasnt even been announced yet. Par for course for us. But still, just a 2c perspective as well. Maybe thats just me hoping surely it cant be THIS bad though

5 Likes

Yes, I’m just shitposting. I don’t think this idea is awful. Umphrey’s McGee is composed of some phenomenal musicians who care about what they output. This is definitely worth a listen.

2 Likes

me when umphrey’s announces another gimmick album:

5 Likes

Ugh. :man_facepalming:t3:

Boys I can’t keep defending you when y’all do stuff like this.

But whatever, file this under “kind of stupid but harmless”

3 Likes