Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part 1)

This is gayer than 8 dudes fucking 9 dudes

7 Likes

No Cummins Lies?

Pass

2 Likes

This is an honest question, I’m not just trying to make fun of the release: who is this supposed to appeal to?

Zonkey clearly was supposed to have wide appeal, and the album accomplished this - lots of casual music fans appreciate it. Would this intro album have it? Or is this supposed to appeal to hardcore fans? V4J will eat it up, but they’ll eat up anything the band does. People like us? lol. I honestly can’t figure out the business reason to make this release right now.

2 Likes

Via Conduit Magazine

4 Likes

Lol that’s real?

1 Like

Idk which post you are asking about… but yes

3 Likes

Had to sig that up

3 Likes

For real how is that not on there?

2 Likes

This feels very on brand for Umphrey’s in 2021

4 Likes

No Punchable Face? Fuck these guys!

:joy:

1 Like

They’re saving Cummins Lies for the follow-up release We Showed Up Playing Whistle Kids and Left With Your Money

15 Likes

Album removed off nugs already

1 Like

Ftfy

2 Likes

Are you fucking kidding me

2 Likes

They should make an album of aborted jams and give the proceeds to Planned Parenthood

:joy::grin:

11 Likes

Probably was put up there prematurely. They haven’t announced it anywhere as of yet.

3 Likes

Would any of us in a million years ever have thought of this? Honestly it’s so impressive how UM can continue to come up with the most cringeworthy ideas constantly. Who is this for ?

8 Likes

I was hoping they came to their senses after witnessing the bort hate

4 Likes

Blame Browning

2 Likes

I feel like I remember one of the members mentioning in an old interview how they wanted to write an intro in every key and maybe put it out as an album one day. This feels out of left field right now but I’m not stunned. It just feels like a very Umphrey’s thing to do. 2 of their last 4 albums now will have been gimmicks, with a crappy double album in between.

4 Likes