Random, Spontaneous Thoughts about UM (Part 1)

Im pretty indifferent about Bridgeless these days. Dont want it, but dont mind it at all. Some sections i like (end, intro>verse), some i dont (immigrant song riff). Knoxville 08 is absolutely the best version.

Around 2014 they started playing it very heavily every 3 or 4 shows, without much or any improv. It made for what many perceived to be a time killer.

second time through now. thanks!

listening to these older recs you guys are throwing out is making me appreciate how much bigger their sound is and how much better their tones are now. the playing is absolute fire though.

Also, Chris Mitchell is the man. Now that he’s settled in, the newer era of recordings sound a lot better (for the most part). #KBMG

2 Likes

Caressing Sound in to Dolla Bills

The water from this show is outstanding as well

1 Like

Exactly this. Bridgeless just seems to pop up all the time, and it eats a hell of a lot of set time. Would much rather have an AIT or 1348 (among others) if there’s gonna be a big sandwich with the reprise closing out the show. Bridgeless just feels so predictable to me, even though it’s a fun song. I’m probably just jaded, honestly.

4/27/17 ff sooooo hot. This sort of slinky jamming is the kind of jamming that keeps me coming back for more and shelling out the Browning bucks

The 1348 from 2017 scamp too. Been making my way through some HOF looking for bounce back dance parties. This qualifies for sure

1 Like

One of my all-time favs (probably some attendance bias, but whatever), love me some bounce-back action.

2 Likes

after a REALLY rough start Joel is killing it. Loved the WBG sandwich with fantastic Jesus Etc in the meat slot.

i’ve been chasing Den, but now i’m chasing Den/Jesus Etc mashup.

must. hear. full. band. play.

Remember when the band death by stereo got mad when UM dropped death by stereo?? That was fun.

1 Like

That was the definite highlight.

based on all of the photos related to #winenot i’m seeing, i think we all have the same unbreakable stemless wine glasses from Amazon

not super stoked that the stream is moved to youtube just bc joel’s stream from YT was a shit show connection/buffering wise

Tuning in for the first time to #winenot. Wow, I’m not sure how the first two installments went, but this is highly enjoyable to me and just what I needed tonight!

2 Likes

Yeah this ones got no hiccups at all. Its fantastic when its not choppy. Good times!

edit: love that hes playing Passing

AB: “there was a Sublime request”
BB: (heavy sigh) “ok…”

1 Like