Primus

That show was really fun.

IIRC before that tour they said something about not taking drugs before the show because they wanted to see how high they could make with you with just the music or some shit…idk. I ate a bunch of acid. It was a great time

2 Likes

Yeah, I listen to that tomorrow never knows all the time. Makes me grin everytime

Anyone going to the Chicago show on Tuesday and not get their tix yet? I got an email from TicketsToday a few weeks ago saying they will be e-tix but nothing since. Their customer service is a ghost town too.

purchased my tickets through ticketmaster. I’ve had my hard copies for about 20 months now.

yea sounds like ticketstoday is the problem, saw a post on the primus subreddit about them being a shitshow. can’t go anymore so just trying to sell them at this point.

1 Like

Anybody headin to the Chicago Theatre tonight?

1 Like

dope show, they absolutely crushed A Farewell to Kings. the “wife” isn’t really into Primus but she really enjoyed last night.

Setlist

Set I:

Those Damned Blue-Collar Tweekers > Lacquer Head > Those Damned Blue-Collar Tweekers
Golden Boy
Nature Boy
Wynona’s Big Brown Beaver
The Antipop
Seas of Cheese
Mr. Krinkle
Eclectic Electric
Mr. Knowitall

Set II: A Farewell to Kings

A Farewell to Kings
Xanadu
Closer to the Heart
Cinderella Man
Madrigal
Cygnus X-1

Encore:

Jerry Was a Race Car Driver > My Name Is Mud > Jerry Was A Racecar Driver
The Toys Go Winding Down
Pudding Time >
Tommy the Cat
Southbound Pachyderm

3 Likes

Oh fuck I just realized that with the Biscuits show being cancelled (lol bisco) I should probably go to the Boston show.

1 Like

That setlist is fuckin sick. I have no idea if they play Golden Boy and Antipop on the regular, but those are two of my favorite Primus songs and i feel like i never really saw/heard of them playing those much. Could be wrong, either way, fucking sick looking show

2 Likes

I’m not a big Primus guy but I feel like I have to go

3 Likes

Antipop is making the rounds this tour but I definitely haven’t seen Golden Boy or Nature Boy, don’t ever recall seeing them on a setlist either (not that I study them all…). This was also only the 4th time they played Eclectic Eclectic. I loved that the first set wasn’t just a quick trip through the greatest hits before playing some Rush.

1 Like

Thinking of going to their show tonight but it’s an outdoor show and it’s flooding and raining like a mother fucker for the next 36 hours here.

That setlist had me hyped. Seen Primus a ton but that would be a couple first played for me.

1 Like

They really did not play much off of Antipop for years. I think Herb just prefers to play songs that he helped create, as opposed to playing songs from the Brain era.

Everyone I know who has seen them this tour has said it was amazing.

edit: Kinda funny that Antipop tunes are popping up the same year that Limp Bizket got back together. Fred Durst was one of the producers on that album, and was a guest on Lacquer Head.

1 Like

the list of people who worked on Antipop is pretty nuts…

5 Likes

Sometimes I forget how much I love this band, but then I remember

3 Likes

One of my fav Les sit ins/helped create is on Adrian Belew’s Side one. He’s on the first three tracks, along with Danny Carey. Shit slays

1 Like

Primus fucking sucksss

They’re crushing this Rush set

4 Likes

I can’t f’n wait!! Just 2 more weeks to wait. I’ve had these tix since Feb 2020.

2 Likes

Also they went 8 mins over S1 and only took a 7 min setbreak #heady

3 Likes