Places Umphrey's Should Play

Its great. Definitely go when theres an event, the whole town opens up (sorta) for that week.

https://marfamyths.com/

Sadly I think this art and music fest is dead, but I though it was perfect.

my “wife” and i constantly hope they bring it back because we were going to go the year they stopped it. looks amazing.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/2smSz50jXjg

Can’t find a decent picture of the venue in use, but American Dream in NJ.

They should play the Nickelodeon Theme Park, DJ Tiesto, Aoki, Polo G have all played there so far. But imagine a bunch of UM fans in this place that would be fun chaos.

Selfishly the Wellmont Theater because like American Dream its only down the Street from me

The Egg in the jam capital of the world Albany NY. It’s small but Greensky has played there. No reason UM couldn’t.

5 Likes

UM played there in 06 I believe.

biscuits played there in 2010. nothing they do in Albany will top their show in 2007 at the palace though.

MGB loooooves the egg. The acoustics make for artsy music.

I was there as well, it was after this show that wristgate went down. We were at OL late night at that place with the video games when we saw Brownie and Magner all besides themselves knowing they had a full tour ahead of them without their guitarist.

1 Like

South Carolina, it’s been almost THREE YEARS

I’m thinking Firefly Distillery. Best new venue, pretty, lots of space. Doom has played there.

1 Like

Where are they gonna play? In that parking lot?

2 Likes

Doom Flamingo has a slightly smaller draw than Umphrey’s

LOL that second pic has me cracking up. No idea how a pic of people chilling between trees does anything in the way of showing us the venue hahahaha

1 Like

The Salt Shed, Chicago. I’m going to assume it will be better than the Aragon.

2 Likes

I can only dream that they would play the UP in my Downtown…

Sick lineup dude!

2 Likes

Since UM seems to be curating an 80’s synthpop/hair metal hybrid style they may fit right in with that lineup.

Yeah. I like how the fest goes at length to say how Winger got fucked by B&B

The change in musical climate of the mid-90’s, compounded with unprovoked ridicule on MTV’s popular Beavis and Butthead, led the band to go on hiatus in 1994 following the release of their critically acclaimed third album “Pull”. In 2001, the band reunited and have not looked back since.
Winger continues to make a name for themselves with relentless touring, and recent studio albums “IV”, “Karma” and “Better Days Comin’” shows the band on top of their game, winning back fans and critics alike because of their exceptional musicianship, Kip Winger’s powerful vocals, and the band’s incredible songwriting. Winger’s resurgence in popularity has seen the hard rock four-piece break back into Billboard’s Top 100 and in 2016 Grammy nominee Kip Winger hit #1 on Billboard and iTunes charts with his debut classical music album “Conversations with Nijinsky”

1 Like

It wasn’t Beavis and Butthead who killed Winger. Winger was another casualty of the so called “grunge movement”.

Beavis and Butthead also made fun of Ween and they’re still around…

Winger sucks

I dunno if I have ever even heard a note of winger…

1 Like