NYE 2022

I only gamble by purchasing shares of CXM. Thanks for nothing @AlexTheDictator

You really think KB would let the machine sit out the 25th anniversary tour year? They are going to have gimmick galore next year. I’m just hoping we see Vegas dates this year instead though. Hopefully that Halloween rumor was more than that…

2 Likes

Even before the JamCruise announcement the idea of a hiatus did not make sense to me. They’ve had nearly 3 years of at best lean tour schedules, and various factors have clearly had an effect on their draw since they’ve gotten more back on the road. While the side projects and other things individual members are doing have probably helped make up some of that lost income, they need to keep the machine running. Taking more time off would probably lead to even worse draws whenever they’d return.

3 Likes

Well you know what guys…suck it.

5 Likes

EAD

While I don’t think a hiatus will happen, the band could use a nice break to reenergize themselves imo

2 Likes

Yea 2020 certainly helped them sound better

6 Likes

I used to say a hiatus was needed until a.) 2019 happened and b.) 2020 happened. No excuses anymore!

There will be another 2019 though. Im not worried about that. Just sucks its not very consistent. 2020-2022 will go down as UMs biggest slump years

2 Likes

I can’t really say an international pandemic could be considered an energizing break. A true hiatus for them to work on other projects, spend time with family, etc. could be very beneficial. They’re not Phish though so could they really afford it? I’m not sure how much these guys make really.

The band sounds like a shell of its former self. I got into this band for the technical progressive music. The funk and the jazz. The super weird exploratory shit. The Padgetts stews. Smell the Mitten. Massive compositions like HBB and N2F.

It seems like all the fun and humor is gone from the music. The ADD aspect is gone and the shows have become very homogeneous in their sound. The stews are very samesy. The vibe is so serious these days. Too much singing not enough jamming and grooving.

I’m trying to trip on LSD out here Bayliss not hear about your divorce.

24 Likes

I hear ya man. Most of my friends have jumped ship due to this very reason. But I’m here for the long haul, and will never get tired revisiting older shows and historic jams.

7 Likes

damn, i love this guy.

3 Likes

Yeah man, nothing compares to them at the top of their game. It’s my favorite music of all time.

9 Likes

This sums up how I feel, going to see them for nostalgia in August.

1 Like

It’s also kind of a slap in the face how they act like they’re too good to play some of the old tunes too. Would it really kill them to throw in a Q*Bert or IVOY a couple times a year?

I get that there’s value keeping some songs rare, but they just flat out don’t like playing some songs that their biggest most dedicated fans like.

I mean, obviously Stasik hates Jake showing him up on the bass… But Qbert? What bad can be said about that jolly little number? What kind of weed did they start smoking?

8 Likes

Kris despises Q*Bert

1 Like

When I finally got a Q Bert after 8 years, people were wooing during it and I became upset.

4 Likes

What a loser. How’d they even give him a job? Should’ve been a screening question on the application when he applied if you ask me.

That makes perfect sense though, seeing as it dropped off mostly after 03. I’ve never met anyone who has disliked this song.

Let’s get Andy to play it and he can have a beer or something during it.

1 Like

And to make matters worse, their VIP shows are the exact opposite and still have that spontaneity, grooving and not giving a fuck.

Yeah, leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I don’t really pay for VIP.

Maybe their shows wouldn’t be undersold if they just like… Jammed and did what they were good at all of the time.

I mean are they like trying to make it with a mainstream hit or something? I don’t really quite get what they’re going for.

They’re a jam band. They had a very dedicated fan base and they’re losing that.

4 Likes

I was lucky enough to have a good homie buy me a VIP ticket for my first taste of the good life. Opening with a 18 minute Swerving pretty much set the tone.

I was blown away by how loose and patient they were.