NYE 2022

I am fine with the change of scenery but staying in the metro ATL area so I can go.

1 Like

Official Facebook events added for 12/30 and 12/31 at the Coca-Cola Roxy. Looks like public onsale is Friday! I’d expect official details shortly.

I have this feeling that a 2 night NYE run on top of Jake’s recent absence due to mental health, Kris/Stasik putting more focus on their side projects along with even BB playing these side shows with Hartswick means that 2023 will be hiatus’d.

3 Likes

My understanding is it’s mostly Joel, who wants to pursue his passion of seeing more tDB shows

10 Likes

FYP Joel wants to bring back the improv

4 Likes

Hmu if anyone wants to split a hotel room or air bnb close to the venue.

Wish tix weren’t so close to post Sweetwater but I’ll pull trigger on Friday

1 Like

The NYE run is shorter so there’s more room for improv.

13 Likes

What should I do on NYE other than attending this run?

idk, maybe I’ll go

1 Like

Drugs

3 Likes

Both nights are billed as an evening with. Looking at flights right now, it is about $700-800 for five sets of Umphrey’s. I’m going to see how the summer goes with Colorado, String Summit, Alaska, and Montana as my targeted shows and we will see if they get me to pull the trigger on only two nights to fly across the country for. Kind of disappointing to be this disappointed in a NYE announcement so far in advance, but I was really hoping for Denver or Chicago. Denver is a much cheaper flight and Chicago allows me to visit the folks in Detroit around the run. Atlanta is not high on my list for desired locations to travel to but I’ve never had a bad time there. Just wish it wasn’t so expensive to fly right now.

They already are headlining jam cruise in 2023.

But yeah… Things seem to be not going great.

Made this post prior that to announcement and just like that, my theory goes pop.

As an NYE noob, am I going to need to buy tix today or am I good to wait a couple weeks?

It might be cheaper through UM’s presale but I wouldn’t worry about it selling out anytime soon

1 Like

um new year’s eve is probably the least sought after ticket of the entire jam band scene.

1 Like

Good to hear. Atlanta is easy to pull off for me but bank account is in shambles via Sweetwater and gambling debt. So that’s music to my ears

2 Likes

my man! one of us! one of us!

5 Likes

3 Likes

Haven’t gambled since the super bowl, get this talk outta here before I start scratching myself like “ya’ll got anymore of those 7 leg parlays, baby?”

2 Likes

lmao my man ive been on hiatus for a very long time.

2 Likes