NYE 2022

This started in the 2000’s.

Can anyone think of a single UM song that has a catchy pop chorus that actually uses the song title in it?

Alienating your OG fan base while putting out mediocre studio tracks that don’t attract new fans doesn’t seem like a sustainable plan.

3 Likes

Apparently Greensky is at the Tabby

1 Like

Yup. Hide yo kids

2 Likes

I now have two reasons why not to go to Atlanta for NYE

1 Like

I think I’m going to end up being in for these provided Omicron BA.27 doesn’t cancel them. Hope Frasco doesn’t crash the party.

UM needs to keep some miles away from Frasco… that was “battle” was one of the very few times I actually felt jaded at an UM show. “No more 20 minute songs” … lol just stfu! Be an opener and get off the stage. I didn’t hate his set at RR but I definitely stayed away when I was at Peach bc that gimmick left a bad taste in my mouth. UM can (and hopefully will) pump out 20 minute EG, Phil’s and Plungers for those are some of their strongest live moments

Tl; dr: I agree with you

3 Likes

I like that EG is Escape Goat after one time played, do we use EdG for Educated Guess?

2 Likes

lol at thinking we should try to clarify anything on this board

4 Likes

Going through my angsty, bitter UM phase but I’ll be doing these shows. If that’s even what was being talked about

Educated Goat: Zonkey 2 electric boogaloo kangfirmed

1 Like

Sorry to inform you, but the angsty, bitter UM phase will never end. I’ve been trying to dig myself out of that hole for nearly a decade now.

1 Like

I think 10 shows in less than half a year was overkill for me, personally. Have 0 interest in listening to any new shows right now when that’s usually not the case.

Been on a massive electronic kick so thinking/hoping it’s just a phase but we shall see

1 Like

What type of electronic?

1 Like

Mainly house, tech house, and trance artists. Little bit of techno but mainly new stuff from Defected, Toolroom and Anjunadeep

Going to this fest next month and have discovered a ton I love that has led me down a rabbit hole:

Would love some suggestions if this is up your alley

Imagine traveling for UM lol

3 Likes

Floriduh is the state I have seen UM more than anywhere but Michigan…lol

2 Likes

I think the “wife” and I might travel for whatever the next NYC run is. Will be years since I’ve GITP for UM. Im digging this new album translation to the stage.

UM is the only band we could agree on traveling for besides Billy. Still working on her B4L.

2 Likes

I’m going to head to Atlanta I think. Wish it was more than two nights but gotta get those numbers up even if it is +2 only.

Cheap tickets…four for $80…

1 Like

Just saw this and came here to post. Was seeing if anyone would want to go in on them

Just go to panic brah

1 Like