Muse

I really liked this album. Previously they’ve done a single genre really well but here they are pulling for so many influences and it’s a lot of fun.

I’m a bit meh on this one tbh, I feel like the songs are either overly heavy verging on nu-metal or a straight up pop ballad. I wish there was a little more cohesion. Favorite song is either won’t stand down for being a heavy but still muse-like operatic song, or liberation for being a queen rip-off. Favorite music video is the Halloween one because it’s basically a series of Easter eggs

1 Like

I tend to prefer nu-metal Muse over ballad Muse.

1 Like

Definitely agree with you there, but the muse I fell in love with is prog rock/prog metal/melodic metal muse.

But I do have a soft spot for madness, which is arguably poppy…in fact I think the version of that song I like most is a mashup, so obviously my opinions are trash

Edit: it’s this mashup DJ Y alias JY - Teardrop Madness (Muse / Massive Attack) - YouTube

The songs that have been out are much more appealing now than initial listens. Definitely all over the place musically but surprisingly not a bad thing in my opinion. Other than Liberation I’m digging the rest of the album

This showed up today

1 Like

Other than the “Halloween” Rockwell ripoff the rest of this album has grown on me, even the slower theatrical ballads.

This is a good watch

1 Like

Amazing how much “Break it to Me” sounds like a Korn song from the early 00’s.

1 Like

US tour announced. Not one Bay Area date. WTF. First time I’ve seen a band skip the Bay for a massive new album tour.

Might have to hit the Philly date. I’ve yet to see them.

1 Like

Evanescence supporting :laughing:

3 Likes

Nice to see SLC closing out the US leg. Will definitely hit that

SAVE ME

1 Like

After looking at the dates there’s a big break April 13-15 which includes an entire weekend. And that’s right between Anaheim and Portland. Guessing the Bay Area date just hasn’t been announced yet.

1 Like

Bought our tickets for Columbus this morning and booked a hotel.

1 Like

And there’s the Bay Area date. April 14. Probably delayed the announcement due to Coachella happening at that same time. Safe to assume Muse will be at Coachella.

1 Like

A full third of our group of 6 seeing them in Columbus is more excited about seeing Evanescence…lol

That’s insane. I actually like the Evanescence hits and listened to that one album a little in high school but it was pretty forgettable. Muse is a rock juggernaut.

1 Like