Mom's Kitchen - The WSMFP thread

Nice! I totally missed out on those riverside tix but I have tickets to one of the Chicago theatre shows. Should make for a great run.

Gonna do Chicago too. No tickets but Iā€™ll wook them up somehow

1 Like

Damn rip to Daniel Hutchens

1 Like

This is the biggest thing to understand about WSMFP.

Youā€™re not gonna get type 2 from them. The closest youā€™ll get is some deep spacey psychedelic noodles ( which can be fire), or the JB raps (which are the best). Panic does what they do very well. SIYD.

This is sending me home this morning :sunrise_over_mountains:

1 Like

Drums + Schools can be pretty freakin out there too IMO

I really hate panic drums tbh

1 Like

Honestly donā€™t like The Deadā€™s drums either. Itā€™s piss and beer time.

1 Like

I do too, but with schools I like it

3 Likes

One of the best things about 73 is no drums>space !

2 Likes

One of the better things about when Bill was the only drummer. Never been a huge Mickey fan IMO. Thereā€™s a reason why 71-74 are considered some of their best years. Even Billy said the same thing in his book that came out a handful of years ago

Idkā€¦I dig dead drums. Shit gets weird.

2 Likes

It depends on the cocktail of drugs Iā€™m on that evening.

1 Like

Sounds like thatā€™s on you, my friend.

Yā€™all can piss break for mickey if you want. Iā€™m gonna puddle and blast :metal:

Hard to piss when youā€™re talking to the elves

2 Likes

^^^^as I posted this ā€œHeā€™s Goneā€ came on. Serendipity

1 Like

Some of the drums jams are not terrible, but some of those midi 80s dissonant things are pretty uncomfortable and sloppy

I like Mickey and his weird shit. But there are some god damn insufferable drums > space jams. And itā€™s nice having the guarantee it wonā€™t fuck up a good set as you listen through each show

Wouldnā€™t know. Wasnā€™t there.

Iā€™m with you on drums fucking up a set though. Thatā€™s how I feel about Panic drums. Itā€™s not gonna get weird anyway (except for the RR 2000 show, Iā€™m sure there are others).

In my experience, Mickey slaysā€¦and the drums segments in Dead and Co are the only real improv at the show. These days, and as far as D&C goes, Iā€™d rather piss break during fucking China Doll (really hate that song) or when Bobby decides to fumble around during a long Wharf Rat/some other second set monster.

Thereā€™s also a reason why 40% of the dick/dave picks have come from the single drum era.

2 Likes

In Billā€™s book he mentioned being pissed at the fact that Mickey got to play those Winterland ā€˜74 shows before their short break in 75.

2 Likes

Yeah I remember that, the dude had some anger issues so Iā€™m sure it wasnā€™t a pretty scene

Yeah he said he tried to remind himself that they got robbed by their manager but Mickey got robbed by his dad. Still didnā€™t work, Bill was pissed.

1 Like