Mom's Kitchen - The WSMFP thread

From my limited listening he seems way more in sync with Schools than Jimmy ever was/is.

It defintiely doesn’t have as much as an “over the top” feel when he solos.

1 Like

That’s my basic @ass observation.

Also JB’s voice has gotten really rough over the years. It’s like the opposite of Brendan.

Knoxville 95 gets a lot of play from me.

As for more recent shows, the Birmingham and Memphis 2018 were above average for recent panic

Still think they have one of the best band names. Way too good to be a jam band name.

Somebody on the previous bort said he sounded like a drunk cat and I think about that all the time.

2 Likes

I like both old and new WSP but not enough to call out individual shows. I really liked them in the 90’s and Mikey is a big part of why. I think he gets the nod because he was an original member of the band, but Jimmy is obviously a much more skilled guitarist. Mikey had a very unique style to my ears though which set him apart from others and also wouldn’t necessarily have worked in any other band. Once he passed a lot of the shine wore off for me.

Can’t call out specific shows either, but I’ve never been let down by any of the ones I’ve listened to around the last 2-3 years with Houser.

1 Like

I like to hate on Panic, but they are a good band. They have some awesome songs. I have always really enjoyed JB’s voice, and Houser and Jimmy are both incredible players. I think the thing that has always turned me off about them is jamband fans claiming they are the ultimate jamband. I dont really consider them a jamband. They are just southern rock. I mean they never go type II, its all just loud guitar solos over the main theme of the song. Sometimes it is longer than usual, but that is about it.

3 Likes

i saw 2 mikey era shows, missed the george era completely, and have seen a dozen-ish jimmy shows. i’m easy to please i guess, cuz i dig it all.

when i put a show on to listen to, i just dig into my “tolisten” folder where I dump shit I haven’t gotten to yet and just select a random show I’ve downloaded. present in that directory is both mikey and jimmy shows and i just randomly click on one.

1 Like

I searched a bunch, fuck.

forgot to add the “MF” to my search.

MODS!

@Random_Ass

sorry man, please merge at your leisure.

Lolol it’s all good man. I’m just glad to see some interest on -Bort to be honest

I was wondering why I was tagged in a WSP thread

3 Likes

so i asked my buddy, who is much more clued in to individual shows and also knows exactly what i like about the band, to give me my favorite show. he wasn’t wrong…

3 Likes

Panic playing 4 nights at the riverside in October.

1 Like

Pulled two 4 day passes. October is looking great already. Bill Burr>UMbowl>Panic.

2 Likes

Anyone have any extras for their Riverside run? Looking for Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Had friends get shut out.

1 Like

I missed everything. Gonna make the trip anyways

Yeah there are usually always tickets. I’ve gotten “shut out” on tickets the last couple years and always have found extras to buy for whatever night I wanted to go to.

1 Like