Metallica

All Within My Hands live acoustic set this weekend. Can’t wait

1 Like

This is all pure speculation, maybe absolutely nothing is going on and I’m just reading too deep into this, but this seems weird timing to me. First of all, the article is pretty misleading bc it makes it sound like Bob had the full rights to the album, which he didn’t. Metallica bought the full rights to their entire library when they created Blackened, but Bob still has his producer rights, so that’s what this must be.

But idk, it just seems weird to me. Id find it hard to believe that Covid had any big impact on Bob’s income or financial status that would make him want to make a quick huge buck. Also, we’re SO close to the 30th anniversary of the album, seems weird to sell off rights when anniversary packages could be coming down the line. Also, and maybe this is showing my ignorance when it comes to music deals/business, but why would he sell it to “Hipgnosis Songs Fund” when he could have sold it straight to Metallica?

Idk, like I said, maybe im just looking into it way too hard, but I just have so many questions about it.

Video starts at Sanitarium and that one in particular is hilariously awesome

2 Likes

I had a Metallica milestone. For the first time ever I actually listened to the Lulu album in it’s entirety.

If you can somehow put lou reeds vocals in the background, the music is actually pretty decent.

I actually put Lulu on the other day as well! Its a tough album to listen to, but I respect it for the fact that they wanted to work with Lou and they got to work with Lou. Also respect the idea of it being a concept album/story/musical theater album etc.

Its super disjointed and, like I said, pretty tough to listen to, but I totally agree that no matter what Metallica works on, the riffs will always be there

RIP Lou Reed

1 Like

Yeah like I said I have no issue with the music. It’s Lou reed’s ranting that makes it painful.

On the plus side at least there are no st anger snares lol

1 Like

St Anger is another one that I actually put on a surprising amount. Purify and Invisible Kid in particular have totally killer riffs in them

Purify isn’t bad but invisible kid doesn’t do much for me. I remember being so disappointed when this first came out. I was like what the fuck happened to them?

1 Like

Same, especially for me bc I was like 13 or 14 when that album came out so that was the first Metallica album i actually looked forward to and bought on release day. I was so confused for so long lol. Pretty much until the Some Kind of Monster doc came out.

Oh I knew that hetfield was in rehab and they almost broke up but it still doesn’t explain Lars’ trash can snares. The album would’ve been way better if the drums were normal

1 Like

Truthfully, Death Magnetic even sounds like shit too. Hardwired is the first album since Load to actually sound good, sonically, imo

1 Like

I agree with that. Hardwired is a great sounding album production-wise. In terms of style it’s a mix of the black album and the Loads.

Death Magnetic, unfortunately has great songs with loudness war production. The CD is at least listenable but it gets really shitty sounding in mp3 format. At least they got it right with Hardwired

1 Like

Hardwired is just an all around solid album

2 Likes

Hardwired is a pretty good album. Love Moth Into Flame and it’s their best song since Black Album IMO.

All Within My Hands was great to hear live even being acoustic

2 Likes

The Guitar Hero mix of Death Magnetic was great, that’s the version I used to have on my iPod.

2 Likes

Apple Music has a similar version of Death Magnetic available

I was dying laughing when I found the guitar hero mixes of Death Magnetic and how much better they were

2 Likes

Same! But I remember when activision said they were using a remixed version. Rush’s Vapor Trails album had the same shitty distorted mess but at least Rush had it remixed and remastered. Lars still insists that Death Magnetic sounds amazing. God that guy’s a douche

1 Like

And yes, Lars is a huge douche, no defending him.

3 Likes

Oh I’m pretty familiar with the loudness wars. Did you ever listen to the original release of Vapor Trails? It was worse than Death Magnetic

1 Like