Corey Taylor
Portugal the man
MMJ
Jason Isbell
Darius Rucker
Chris Stapleton
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Kamasi Washington

This album should be pretty good as long as Weezer doesn’t singlehandedly ruin it with their song.

1 Like

what you got against weezer?

1 Like

Nothing actually, I could take it or leave it. I know they’re damn good at what they do though

They closed out Riot Fest one year when the stages were next to each other with alternating time slots. Primus ended at 9:00 and Weezer started at 9:10. I tried to leave after Primus but the crowd was so massive I saw half the Weezer show. Much better than I expected…

2 Likes

This is pretty sick. Stoked/interested to hear how some of these are going to turn out.

2 Likes

Always down for new Rodrigo y Gabriela tracks too. This release has potential.

3 Likes

Should be an interesting album for sure! I’m just not sure if the Black Album itself needed a remaster though. It’s to this day one of the sonically best produced albums I’ve ever heard.

I am looking forward to Jason Isbell’s take on Sad But True and Rodrigo Y Gabriela’s take on The Struggle Within. Not sure about Miley Cyrus though…

Just entered the drawing for a ticket code for this. Dec 17th & 19th at the Chase Center in San Fran. Fan club only shows

2 Likes

Happy 30th birthday, Black Album! Holy fuck I’m old :joy:

1 Like

So here’s my black album story. 1991, while an amazing year musically, it was a shit show year for me personally. I won’t into details but suffice it to say that I went through shit that ended up making me battle with suicidal thoughts on an almost daily basis. The only thing that got me through those times was the fact that Metallica was working on a new album. My self-talk was that if I killed myself I would never hear the new album.

While there was no internet during that time, the monthly metal magazines had updates on the new Metallica album so I ate up try one updates no matter how minute the update was. Through those updates I learned that some of the song titles were Enter Sandman, Sad But True and My Friend of Misery. As silly as this sounds it was that kind of stuff that got me through my darkest times that year.

Unfortunately the day before the black album came out, I was deployed at sea. Thankfully I had purchased the cassette single of Enter Sandman so I listened to it millions of times while I was at sea.
When we pulled into San Diego a month later I went to the exchange on base to buy the black album on cassette only to see they only had it on CD. So I bought a discman, some nice headphones and the black album on CD. I felt like my world was complete at that point.

The black album, for me, was not only amazing but also proved to be a life saver for me. Had they not been working on that album, I’m not sure if I had anything else in life at that point to look forward to. I can’t guarantee i would be alive today.

For that reason I will always have a debt of gratitude towards Metallica for giving me a reason not to end my life. Also the black album is extremely special to me for that reason.

OFF TO NEVER NEVER LAND! :metal:

9 Likes

This is awesome.

Rock on pook. Long live Metallica. :metal::metal:

2 Likes

It’s a shame the greatest cover band ever wasn’t asked to be on this cover album

I don’t know if they know who Umphreys is. But I DO know that James Hetfield is a big Govt Mule fan and Rob Trujillo is into Phish.

holy shit

4 Likes

They just did something similar in SF

3 Likes

Yeah they played at The Independent which is a 400 person venue. Tickets went on sale and announced day-of via IG. Had to be bought in-person at the box office and it sold out in less than an hour. No idea how that many people were able to drop everything they were doing and get over there in that time. I’m guessing most people in attendance were people who live in the neighborhood.

sounds cool but man that is going to fucking suck ass.

over capacity at the Metro? brutal

seeing 2021 Metallica in a 1,100 capacity club? priceless

4 Likes

you wouldn’t be able to see or hear anything. people love to just be in the room but it’s a terrible place for a concert. that’s why metal and screamo bands play there, cause nobody gives a shit what it sounds like

1 Like