Lotus

Man, Hammerstrike is a 5-star perfect post rock album, and the fact that it was put out by Lotus is so funny to me. Like, when I want to listen To bouncy Lotus it’s generally Escaping Sargrasso Sea on repeat. I don’t even love the live versions of Hammerstrike songs (except Storefronts) because I think that album is just so perfect.

3 Likes

Fav songs: anything off of Sargasso Sea or Nomad

1 Like

Behind Midwest Storefronts is a perfect song to me. Definitely get a midwest vibe from it too.

4 Likes

Obvs nematode is god tier but one of my fav songs has always been bubonic tonic. Never seen it live in 20-30 or so shows

No idea actually how many shows. Just guessing. Nobody actually counts lotus shows right?

7 Likes

Spaghetti.

When that album first dropped I kinda turned my back on it, but I’ve def come around. Much bigger fan of Nomad and have a serious soft spot for Strength of Weak Ties. The run of tunes from Kesey Seed through Blue Giant is a really nice half hour, IMHO.

2 Likes

I think I’m gonna go to austin show tonight. Anyone be there?

Edit: first lotus show but love Tim P.

3 Likes

Won’t be there but are you another Austinite?? If so, same here! Have fun, it’s at EMOs right?

Yea I am! Not here all the time but most of the year minis work travel. Emo is the spot. Only been there once!

Rooms pretty decent, good sight lines but the sound is so so. Have fun! I live here, so if you’re ever around shoot me a pm!

1 Like

That Emo’s on Riverside was an odd spot. Only caught one show there, Delta Spirit. The Emo’s downtown on Red River IIRC was pretty dope. Saw a few shows there. I think Ra Ra Riot and Cymbals Eat Guitars.

@ironchefginger enjoy the Lotus. I got a few homies there tonight. Going to be a good one! Not sure if the bar Rack Daddy’s still exists down the road but you could always score pharmaceuticals there when I was around. Good times on East Riverside.

2 Likes

Just noticed Eat the Light isn’t on Apple Music anymore. Any idea why?

Cause Apple was like, fuck John

2 Likes

This Sunrain jam from OKC last week is so fucking good!

2 Likes

Thanks for the rec homie

1 Like

Did you give it a spin? Short and sweet, I must have listened to it a dozen times already. Lotus lifts my spirits so high!

1 Like

Yes I did! I liked it!

2 Likes

Looks like they played Hammerstrike front to back at one of the recent shows

2 Likes

Had a great time in Eugene last night.

8 Likes

Did you bump into my boy Coleman?

Really wish I could have made the show, but just couldn’t get anyone to make it. Will have to settle for PDX > Seattle (> Bellingham?).

Nothing too painful to miss on this. Nematode and Flower, I guess.

Hope they don’t blow Sunrain or L’Immeuble tonight in Bend.

1 Like