Lotus

Weirdly enough, I loved the Tribe set at Sacred Rose fest last year because I was surprised at how peak-y it was, and wasn’t a fan of the Lotus set because of how peak-y / shreddy it was. Guess I prefer my Tribe with peaks and Lotus without.

1 Like

2 Likes

*attempted to post

1 Like

Thanks. Gotta dive into some of this. First STS9 show was 1/2/2015, so I never saw them with Murph. Actually still don’t think I’ve gone back and really listened to a full show pre-Alana.

Early 00s Tribe is waayyyyyy different/more chill. Lots of DnB

5 Likes

Murph turned into a huge narcissict after they released Peaceblaster and his focus was more on drugs and groupies than it was the music.

2 Likes

You can pay $10 to subscribe to their Bandcamp page. I binged about 30 pre-2004 shows a couple of years ago. Very good stuff.

3 Likes

I prefer the drug fueled aggressive hip hop dance parties tbh. But I know thats probably a hot take around here

1 Like

and was a terrible front man.

“you all look so beautiful! you are all so amazing!” x8

2 Likes

If you havent listened to those Area 51 shows yet, check them out. So good.

“Owww yall doin out deaaauuh”

3 Likes

STS9 was best 2005-2007 with the five night Boulder Theater run being the apex of their career.

I still give nod to 99-04. So jazzy and just unreal pockets.

2 Likes

I didnt start seeing them until 2005, though. Saw maybe 40 shows from 05-08. I think i have seen less than 10 since.

I saw them the most in 2007 so I have some attendance bias towards the Artifact era.

One of these days they’ll bust out a sick “Murph.” Still haven’t caught one.

3 Likes

Yea, 2007 is when i saw most. I was pretty much at a UM/tDB/STS9 show every other week it felt like in 2007-2008.

Edit: those two years are also why it took me so long to graduate college. Some of the best years of life, but still costing me finanicially 16 years later.

2 Likes

My best friend/roomate in college had a collection of 200 “Murphs.” He would play it when randos came over.

2 Likes

I have. Years ago.

1 Like

So anyway, excited for Lotus tonight!

4 Likes